Detroit Tigers

Jurrjens is taking Miller's spot or Rogers spot for today, possibly next week also, depending on how he does tonight. Great pitching last night. Jimbo, you are correct about Bondo's first inning woes. If he could get past the first inning, his ERA would probabily be in the 2's. I hope the rookie pitches well tonight. In other news, Illitch has become the George Steinbrenner of the amateur draft. Porcello will sign a 7M contract today, that includes a rumored 3M signing bonus. I can see the smoke coming out of the other owners and Seligs ears. The Tigers have thrown the pay scale for draftee's totally out of whack the last 3 yrs. I'll be looking for this kid in Detroit in about 3 seasons.

I hope the comeback win in Cleveland was a "pick me up" victory for the Tigers to get back on track of being the best team in Baseball. They only have a couple of more weeks to be dilly dallying around before September kicks in and its time to turn up the jets.

Actually they don't have those few weeks you mentioned, seeing in the next week and a half the play the Indians and Yankees like 19 times.

Jimbo

I just wanted to show off my new avatar.

I think it sumarizes August for the Tigers.

Hmmmm...

Lets hold off for another week before we go looking for more pitching (outside of the fact that 1/2 the rotation has the flu.
With Rodney back and Zumaya back on Tuesday, that should help solidify the pen.
Starting pitching needs to continue to improve, playing the whole year without Mr. Roger's hasn't helped much.

Jimbo

Joel Zumaya pitched a perfect 8th inning for Toledo tonight.
Two ground outs and a fly out.
No runs, no hits , no K's or walks ...
7 pitches, 6 strikes !

Jimbo

I don't think that the Tigers need that much pitching help. Bullpen help is on the way (or has already arrived) and Miller will be off the DL soon enough. They'll be fine, rough patch is over. What the Tig's need to be wary of is Sheff's shoulder and the fact that Guillen has all but disappeared for the last month as well. If they get those two back on track the pitchers will be able to relax and should round into form. Either way it will be a fun race to watch between the Indians and Tigers. Alot better than rootin' for The Nats!

I don't think that the Tigers need that much pitching help. Bullpen help is on the way (or has already arrived) and Miller will be off the DL soon enough. They'll be fine, rough patch is over. What the Tig's need to be wary of is Sheff's shoulder and the fact that Guillen has all but disappeared for the last month as well. If they get those two back on track the pitchers will be able to relax and should round into form. Either way it will be a fun race to watch between the Indians and Tigers. Alot better than rootin' for The Nats!

Current stats for Mr. Guillen don't really look that bad of late.
For the month the avg. is down but these stats are for the last 10 games.

Quick Splits:
vs. Left: .318 vs. Right: .301 Home: .304 Road: .305
Day: .311 Night: .301 Grass: .316 Turf: .226
Current Month: .250 Last 30 Days: .271

Jimbo

Actually they don't have those few weeks you mentioned, seeing in the next week and a half the play the Indians and Yankees like 19 times.

Jimbo

This is true. What they need to do is be a .750 team against the Yankees and Indians at least a .450 team against the rest of the division teams they play this year and they should be alright.

Or they could simply play to be the team the league is talking about as it heads into the post season! :up

Current stats for Mr. Guillen don't really look that bad of late.
For the month the avg. is down but these stats are for the last 10 games.

Quick Splits:
vs. Left: .318 vs. Right: .301 Home: .304 Road: .305
Day: .311 Night: .301 Grass: .316 Turf: .226
Current Month: .250 Last 30 Days: .271

Jimbo

It's more about production than hits IMO.

H/AB R 2B HR RBI SB BB AVG
29/107 10 4 0 5 3 6 .271

That's just not what I want out of my 5th place batter. Once the Tigers start hitting again, they'll be fine. As for .750 against the Yanks, especially, good luck!

It's more about production than hits IMO.

H/AB R 2B HR RBI SB BB AVG
29/107 10 4 0 5 3 6 .271

That's just not what I want out of my 5th place batter. Once the Tigers start hitting again, they'll be fine. As for .750 against the Yanks, especially, good luck!

Tigers looking good so far .... Old man Mussina gave up 5 so far.

I wonder if it's any coincidence that Guillen drove in 4 runs and the Tigs won? Anyway, beat those Yankees! :up:up

Yeah, I noticed that last season in the playoffs. It's always sweet when we beat the Yankme's. Starting and middle relief pitching will be the reason if the Yankme's don't make the playoffs. Rodney is looking pretty damn good now that he's healthy. Jurrjens will start again against the Tribe says Leyland.

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum, so I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but it is related to the Tigers games. I live in Detroit and I have a question regarding the HD feeds for Tiger games. I have DirecTV, and typically the Tiger games are shown on FSN Detroit (channel 636). Many times, the HD feed is shown on one of the overflow channels 93-96 I think. I have watched many of the games in HD on these channels, but for the past couple of days, even though the programming guide listed the Tigers games on these channels, I am getting the message "Program not available in your area". I know the game is not being blacked out because I'm getting the standard definition feed on channel 636! I feel like I'm getting ripped off because I'm paying for HD service, so I should get it when it's available.

I called the D* last night, and I asked them this very question. After talking to 4 or 5 different people, the best answer they could give me is: "Well, we see that the HD feed is being blocked in your area and we don't know why. The owner of that feed is to blame." That seems like BS to me--why would a network block the HD feed for a game that is not blacked out?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)