DG-280 Motor-completely stopped..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TimLones111

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Canton, Ohio
Was tweaking the Dish tonight to get a slightly better signal on 83 W and all was going well until I started to move the dish motor (DG-280) to other satellites..Suddenly I was getting "Out of Range" errors on my S9..Finally decided to reset everything. I have 72 and 83 West programmed back in, but the motor will not move at all..No red-green lights..Tried to reset things at the dish..Nothing..

i don't know for that specific motor , but when getting errors or no lights at motor start with basics . check wiring , check compression fittings

Just found the problem-Cable from the wall to the receiver was on the wrong connection-Fixed it-Now have lights on the motor..I swear after 3 years at this I feel like such a newb..LOL

Update:
After reprogramming most of the regular satellites in the Openbox S9 and resetting the motor at the dish, I now have 355 channels (accounting for the recent PBS repeats on 125W), whereas before I had between 290-300..And many of the channels have a somewhat stronger signal than before (86-71 to 90-76)..Took some doing, but now we're in as good a shape as ever with FTA..Very happy right now (except for the freezing on the Luken Channels on 83W, which may not improve unless I get newer firmware for the S9..)

Status
Please reply by conversation.