Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Haller

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 11, 2003
pittsburgh pa
Appears to have been redesigned, the bars have a new shape, reducing their size and dont lather nearly as well.

Been using dial my entire life was a stupid change....

no doubt the bean counters love it. cost cutting at its finest:(

I am calling to complain today. we buy this at Sams so dont buy often, dont know when this !@$#%(*& was made........

Yeah I would call them too. I remember when Prell went to their new formula of shampoo and I called and complained. I evidently wasn't the only one complaining too because it only lasted about a year before they came back with the regular green Prell.

yeah they admit cutting bar size to keep price per bar the same.

wonder how many are like me and toss bars when they get small?

dial would love that, selling more overall bars increasing profits.......

I suggested since they sell so many items they shoulds sll a jumbo sized bar, for people like me.

as is they lost me as a customer

i quit using bar soap over 4 years ago. i use the bottles of body wash.i feel much cleaner using it than i did using bar soap.no soap scum on shower walls either.

My wife recently picked up some aloe-dial that still had the old shape. I hate the new shape, but can't find a replacement soap that doesn't have a heavy pefume scent. I'm open to suggestions, but until then I'll continue to use the new version.

BlueBell around here advertises that you still get the full half-gallon of Ice Cream ;)
Yep, I picked up a 4 half-gallons on sale at the local Piggy-Wiggly last week (aka Tom Thumb). The Blue Bell brand was highly recommended by the locals, so we gave it a try. Excellent ice cream...their Pistachio probably the best I've had, the Mint Cholocate Chip was outstanding, but I was disappointed with their Butter Pecan. Oh well, it sure was nice getting a full one-half gallong container and not 1.75 QT.

Dial used to have a citrus large bar soap. They dropped it years ago.

When I was in England 4 yrs ago, I found it in a store and bought 10 CASES and had them shipped, I liked it so much. It cost like $305 to buy and ship, but is well worth it.

I am down to 5 cases left and counting!

Last edited:
I havent used bar soap in 15 years because I didnt like the mess it left. The shower gells I found have always lathered up real good and if you use one of those netted sponges ( dark green for me to still have some semblance of manlyness ) then it lathers up like mad.

For chips I get pringles at $0.80 a can and if its in the bag I get the lesser brands in the tortia chips who havent resorted to the sneaky tactics that the name brads have.

Ice cream is tricky because blue bunny hase a plastic container that is tapered, the store brands in the cardboard seem to be the same size still but I dont like them as it cant be sealed well and the ice cream gets chewy. The big two gallon tubs are still the same size but with only three of us in the house and a small freezer its not a good way to go.

Bread is another that has changed if you havent noticed yet, the loafs are getting shorter by a couple inches.

yeah they admit cutting bar size to keep price per bar the same.

wonder how many are like me and toss bars when they get small?

dial would love that, selling more overall bars increasing profits.......

I suggested since they sell so many items they shoulds sll a jumbo sized bar, for people like me.

as is they lost me as a customer

I don't toss them when they get small. Call me cheap, call me frugal or call me thrifty.

I put the small bars into a dedicated cup with water covering them and every now and then I take the bars out after they soften up, Squeeze them through my fingers into a soap gel and use that for hand washing at the bathroom sink.

I'm getting darned tired of things shrinking and staying the same price! Local Chinese takeouts around me. Used to sell things as Pints and Quarts. Prices have stayed the same but now it is small and large which were smaller portions and now they've started not filling the containers all the way either. So it has shrunk twice recently and still the same price. Fortunately I can have a fellow I work with call them up and complain in Mandarin, that gets their attention better than any complaint I can make.

Try going to the grocery store and buying a half gallon of Ice cream.

Last time I bought it Häagen-Dazs ice cream was 1/2 gallons, Only $10 a 1/2 gallon at the local Shop Rite. Pricey but oh so good. For their Strawberry ingredients list as an example "Ingredients: Cream, Strawberries, Skim Milk, Sugar, Egg Yolks."
No Corn Syrup, No Fructose, etc. A very dense heavy traditional ice cream such as we used to get from the hand cranked ice cream maker when I was younger.

I may be frugal, cheap or thrifty, take your pick but quality pays for itself. And I mostly buy their products with once in a blue moon Ben & Jerry's Pistachio Ice cream for the whole Pistachios in it.

The Blue Bell brand was highly recommended by the locals, so we gave it a try. Excellent ice cream...

I had a BIG 'ol bowl of their Ultimate Neopolitan last night! Very Tasty, with chunks of real strawberries!

Tom in TX

I may have found a source for the old size bars.....

will buy mny cases, and try for a lifetime supply

about 12 years ago palmolive changed their dish detergent which i used as hand soap. the new formula didnt work as well.

so i bought cases of it, and only recently ran out.

it removed the carbon stans froim the old machines i fixed better than anything else. I told customers use palmolive. some complained so I gave them recycled containewrs of codo carbex hand cleaner as a sample.

when they called to buy more i told them its palmolive.

it really worked well.

friends used to call me ink pad cause my hands were always stained purple.

i miss the $$$ from servicing those machines but not the purple mess!!

Just like potato chips and the like. Reduced amount so as not to increase selling price. It is all a mind game :)

Its why I have always shopped via PRICE / OUNCE, not the total or listed sticker price. Before the label rules, YES, I carried a calculator into the store.

My wife had me install a water softener last month. I must admit...the soaps lathers up quite nicely, and you use a lot less laundry detergent and shampoo.

Do you get used to the slimey feeling? everywhere I haved showered with softened water I feel slimey:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)