Did I just "brick" a Sonicview 360 Premium??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The channel file for the SV360E is a .bin file. I would expect the Premium to be the same. It is about 440kb in size for the 360E. There should be no need to change it from .bin to .rom.
You might fix it If you can find an original channel file for your 360P and load it. Perhaps somebody can give you one from a working 360p. The receiver will load files, so you should be able to fix it. GregH

The channel file for the SV360E is a .bin file. I would expect the Premium to be the same. It is about 440kb in size for the 360E. There should be no need to change it from .bin to .rom.
You might fix it If you can find an original channel file for your 360P and load it. Perhaps somebody can give you one from a working 360p. The receiver will load files, so you should be able to fix it. GregH
I was referring the the selection of the file name in the loader, but I agree that if someone here could do a complete .bin file dump that would work well.
I sold my SV360E over a year ago so the only thing I have left are some factory files & tools.

Here are instructions for using Menu button instead of OK buttons. Disregard if you have tried this one, Ice. Also, some say replacing caps on power supply fixes the problem, much like the Sonicview HD

Stuck on booting recovery procedure
Forced loading boot from usb procedure

Here is the steps to revive your receiver if it gets "stuck on booting" where the display stays on booting and doesn't complete and reboot.

1. Do a clean FAT32 format on your USB stick.
2. Load the latest update bin file to the USB stick.
3. Turn the rear power switch on the receiver OFF.
4. Plug your USB stick into the receivers USB port.
5. Now do a forced load by pressing the MENU key on the front panel of the receiver and at the same time switch the rear power switch ON. Continue to hold the MENU button until you see "LOAD USB" on the front panel then release Menu button. It will then boot from the USB stick.

IMPORTANT NOTE: When using this step, please make sure there are nothing else in the device besides the latest bin file (That is the reason behind the clean FAT32 reformat).

Iceberg,
These files are from 6-'08, both the .rom & .sat files to restore to factory by either USB or null modem. I vote for the null, its more thorough.
Not sure what the .rom source was, but if it restores function you can go with the v105 file.

Hope to hear the word "Eureka!" soon. :D

Attachments

• SV360 Premier.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 758
  • SV360 Premier_V0119P Clean syst files 06-02-08.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 220
Last edited:
catamount. I tried both ways (menu & OK) and the only one that lets me into the menu us the OK

brex...I'll try those you post. It aint gonna be a "eureka" if it works...it's gonna be little more vocal ;)

WOOBY
F**CKING
DOOBY!!

That cleaner file you posted must be the magic one. Loaded that and did a reboot and had a black screen but no reboot. Rebooted and loaded the other file and when I rebooted I had a grey screen. I was nice "no f**king way"...press menu and its there :)

Yeah there is like 200 satellites again. So I figure I'll load my "good" sat list. The one that has no TP's logged. Hell I can add TP's as I go along.

Thanks Brex and all for helping me getting this back up and running :)

Now we all know Brex2001's files work, time to grab 'em and archive 'em!!! BTW Ice, Heard that hollering here in Chicago!!!

exactly bongu. I have all those files stored on the computer here and will keep them for sure :)

I loaded my channel list (well satellite list) and it loaded fine. So now its working still :)

I owe brex a big THANK YOU for finding the files to get this thing going agian

You're Welcome

This thread was its own reward!

Just so others can benefit I went back to that source & put some recovery files together in folders then zipped them for the SV-4000, SV360Elite & SV8000HD.

I'll have to send the zipped SV8000HD file to you by email Iceberg & then you can post that one separately. OK?

Hope they help!

Attachments

• SV360E Clean Channel file.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 172
  • SV-4000 Clean Channel files.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 168
Last edited:
cool. yeah just e-mail it to me. I know mods have the ability to upload almost anything :)

on a side note, I know soon we will be having a "download" section for stuff like this. Just waiting for the upgrades Scott has been doing to be done and running smoothly ;)

cool. yeah just e-mail it to me. I know mods have the ability to upload almost anything :)

on a side note, I know soon we will be having a "download" section for stuff like this. Just waiting for the upgrades Scott has been doing to be done and running smoothly ;)
Look for a Hotmail address in your inbox...Yahoo would not let it go.:rant:
I'm paranoid enough to scan my pcs with Kaspersky AV at least once a week, but ......

Here are the files brex e-mailed me in regards to the 8000

Attachments

• Sonicview Loader v.0201.zip
    199.7 KB · Views: 144
  • HD8000_FACTORY_0101.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 142
  • SV8000HD Return to Factory state.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 162
  • Recovery procedure SV HD8000.doc
    24 KB · Views: 203
  • SonicView_HD8000_SysCleanFile.doc
    24 KB · Views: 467
  • SVHD8000_Factory_20080108.zip
    3 MB · Views: 160
  • HD8000_SysCleanFile.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 171
LOL, a happy ending. I know what happened, the stupid box just finally decided "this guy aint gonna give up, so I might as well start working again!" Iceberg-Determination.

Ice,

I am also really thrilled! You just performed a great service to the community through your "stick-to-it-ive-ness" on the subject.
Excellent work and thanks to Brex for the files! I had a feeling that you would recover it. :)

May I add, that the idea that was kicked around about making a file section for these older (and the newer) receivers would be highly praised by all members. We all seem to have boxes in our closets or that we could obtain from E-Bay and put them to good service if we only knew how and had all the appropriate files necessary to make it happen.

RADAR

Last edited:
Its ready for you now. :) (Its a seperate system.) :)

Scott, so how is this designed to work?
All new files must be submitted for approval to moderators & then will be added to the "Downloads" section?
Will some approvals be based on trust & merit?

Thanks for getting the Downloads button going....sure will save time & especially save members from the risk of having to venture into unsavory sites.:D

Great stuff guys, what an amazing wealth of knowledge for the next person that has this problem with a Sonicview.

Sonic View Recovery

Here is a document courtesy of Walrus1957 that will interest you:

INSTRUCTIONS FOR RECOVERING FROM CRASH

The receiver will crash from time to time and lock up, no picture just black screen, the front panel maybe stuck on MAIN or flashing 8888 or something along that line. You may think its toast but it’s not. I am going to explain the easiest way to fix. Follow these steps:

You will need these files: There should be a SonicView loader, S/W SonicView clean file, S/W factory firmware and your channel list.

1. Unzip the files and save the extracted files to a USB flash memory stick.

2. Power off the receiver from switch in the back, and insert the USB stick to the front port. The FRONT USB port is the DEFAULT port. When the system is buggered, it will default to look here for data.

3. Press and hold the OK button on the front of the receiver while you power-on the receiver using the rear switch until you get USB info to show on screen.

4. It will say no USB detected for a few seconds and then it will find it. Select the S/W clean-file, and load it. You do this using the OK button on front panel to select and the black ring around the OK button to scroll up/down right and left. Follow the instructions on the screen and wait for several minutes after the load completes and then repeat steps 2, 3, but this time select either the factory firmware or your 3rd party firmware and load it from the USB stick.

5. After factory or 3rd party firmware loads just select English as language or wait a few minutes and this is an automatic default language. Then reload your saved channels from the USB stick and your back up and running.
You definitely need the clean file as it wipes out any corrupted file, do not try reloading firmware unless a clean file swipe has been done first.

You may thank Walrus for the information. Some additional files are attached, you should already have the loader and the cleaner file etc., but there is more information in these attached files.

RADAR

Attachments

• attachments_2011_02_22.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 305
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)