Did u hear on news about merger

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If you think 5G is coming to save rural America, I have a bridge to sell you.
You can put a 5g rig up on a pole. But what if there is nothing to feed the rig. The alternative is a 5g cell tower. That's a big investment for a few hundred people.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

If you think 5G is coming to save rural America, I have a bridge to sell you.

Well, I think there are three things on the horizon that rural America should be hopeful about.

1. Long-range 5G (600/700 MHz) from T-Mobile and AT&T towers
2. Low-earth orbit satellite broadband from Starlink, OneWeb and/or Amazon
3. AT&T AirGig offered in partnership with electric utilities (including rural co-ops). AirGig takes ultra-bandwidth 5G millimeter wave wireless broadband and uses the magnetic field above/around electrical power lines to focus and guide the signal from one utility pole to the next, atop which relatively inexpensive plastic repeater pods are fixed. It was tested in rural GA last year and worked well with 4G LTE (although AT&T's plan is to commercially implement it with 5G). Home users self-installed an antenna/receiver in their windows facing in the direction of the nearest utility pole and experienced fast, reliable home wifi. The system basically acts like "wireless fiber" but is cheaper and faster to install than real fiber. It also allows the electrical utility to immediately have a "smart grid" system, so it benefits them too. The question is whether it can be deployed cheaply enough to justify its rollout in the most sparsely populated areas. Perhaps rural electrical co-ops would cover some or all of the up-front costs for deploying the hardware on their utility poles (assisted by government grants and low-interest loans) and simply let AT&T operate the service. Co-op might have to charge some kind of additional infrastructure access fee, though, to recoup their deployment expenses.

Nope.

Maybe years down the road with band 71 600MHz 5G iPhones, if they ever make them.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Here is the deal on the upgrades.

Directv has been trying to get us retailers to convert over big commercial accounts such as hotels.

At first the pay wasn’t much, but they increased it. $750 per property and $35 per room.

On a 100 room hotel we are taking some serious money.

So at first, AT&T was not clear on the process to do these upgrades. The biggest “fear” among retailers where the buydown rules.

Basically we pay $25 per H25, but when we activate it, they charge us back $50 making the cost $75.

Then we wait 30 days for us to get paid back the $75 plus our install monies.

You do a 100 room hotel upgrade, the techs want to be paid immediately, your putting out $2500 for 100 receivers, but the second you activate the hardware, they immediately charge you back $5000.

Now granted once you get paid, your making $4250 on a 100 room property, but your going negative $7500 plus the cost of installation once you get paid.

What happened last August, is Directv stopped charging back on the equipment and the distributors extended terms to the retailers.

So now I could buy $2500 of equipment on credit, pay my installer and then pay for the equipment when I get paid from Directv.

Once retailers figured out the process, everyone did upgrades like crazy. Hell, I collected $50,000 in upgrade payments in the past 6 months alone.

The equipment shortage is all due to retailers doing a ton of upgrades.

I don’t think Directv is our of money, rather they didn’t expect we would go this many upgrades.

The problem with the chargebacks is mainly tied to residuals. If you owe money for chargebacks they take it out of your residuals.

Many dealers like me depend on our residuals to pay our bills. No residuals for a month really puts the crunch in our finances

Well, I think there are three things on the horizon that rural America should be hopeful about.

1. Long-range 5G (600/700 MHz) from T-Mobile and AT&T towers

I can’t speak to 2 and 3, but don’t count on 1. If you aren’t getting LTE from T-Mobile or AT&T because of distance from the tower, you probably aren’t going to get 5G. The distance 5G goes on those low frequencies isn’t dissimilar from the distance of LTE. You’d need a new tower built. And If you’re counting on more towers being built, that’s probably not happening. If you’re counting on a tower’s backhaul being upgraded to fiber or microwave, that’s more likely to happen but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

I can’t speak to 2 and 3, but don’t count on 1. If you aren’t getting LTE from T-Mobile or AT&T because of distance from the tower, you probably aren’t going to get 5G. The distance 5G goes on those low frequencies isn’t dissimilar from the distance of LTE. You’d need a new tower built. And If you’re counting on more towers being built, that’s probably not happening. If you’re counting on a tower’s backhaul being upgraded to fiber or microwave, that’s more likely to happen but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Well, we MIGHT see some more towers built. Keep in mind that T-Mobile has never tried to offer fixed wireless home broadband in the past. And then there's the possibility (though I'm still skeptical) that DISH will actually build out a nationwide 5G network from scratch.

But anyhow, yeah, option 1 that I cited is just part of the patchwork of solutions. Not meant to reach everyone.

Well, we MIGHT see some more towers built. Keep in mind that T-Mobile has never tried to offer fixed wireless home broadband in the past. And then there's the possibility (though I'm still skeptical) that DISH will actually build out a nationwide 5G network from scratch.

But anyhow, yeah, option 1 that I cited is just part of the patchwork of solutions. Not meant to reach everyone.

Dish ain’t building nothing, if they do it’s going to be a long time.

Dish right now is Just building fake test sites so they don’t loose their licenses

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I might go to DirectTV I have dish Network I’m leaving soon because no hbo and Cinemax I will wait until this month or next month if they don’t come back hbo and Cinemax for sure I’m Changing provider I’m not sure if I want go back Comcast again I rather have DirectTV because more HD channels than Comcast one thing I’m worrying about if dish wil Buy DirectTV I will be screwing up again over again

I might go to DirectTV I have dish Network I’m leaving soon because no hbo and Cinemax I will wait until this month or next month if they don’t come back hbo and Cinemax for sure I’m Changing provider I’m not sure if I want go back Comcast again I rather have DirectTV because more HD channels than Comcast one thing I’m worrying about if dish wil Buy DirectTV I will be screwing up again over again

I don't foresee them coming back in a month or two. I think it's a go or get off the pot circumstance for you at this point.

I've never had Comcast, but I have friends who do and like it. If there is no contract, that might be the way to go, at least temporarily. You could pause your Dish account for a period of time while you try it out. If you don't like it, then you could either unpause Dish or go with DirecTV.

Why not just grow a set and make a decision? You've been told a hundred times here that HBO and Cinemax ain't coming back.

Reactions: osu1991 and Bobby
Maybe after a rain of frogs and the loss of all the AT&T executives first born.

How some will read your post...

350.png

:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)