Did Voom Impload???

digideal

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 25, 2004
Just dialed 800-GET-VOOM and a message said they were experiencing technical difficulties, to go to voom.com for more help. Voom.com has nothing posted about technical problems.

WHAT'S UP VOOM???

UPDATE: existing customer area works, new customers are told to go to voom.com. let the holding games begin!

The software push, plus they ended the free preview this morning, so I am sure a lot of people are calling to update their Plus pack subscriptions.

Seems like they could have held off on the software upgrade a few days, since they new they were going to have a larger volume of calls because of the free preview expiration.

Obviously, VOOM wanted to correct the problem with the previous software by the time the free preview was over.

If you're still having trouble with the software download, it won't be resolved until tomorrow morning when the software is pushed again. There is nothing the CSRs can do for you today. When the problem is fixed tomorrow morning, call VOOM during an off-peak time and request a refund/credit for the day you lost service.

msnyder said:
Seems like they could have held off on the software upgrade a few days, since they new they were going to have a larger volume of calls because of the free preview expiration.
As I understand one of the recently discovered issues was related to Daylight Saving Time, so I guess they had to push the update before Sunday...

I turned on my VOOM box....and now Im getting a whole bunch of numbers on the screen. With a timer counting the seconds until they are mins and so on. Tried to reset the box but it just goes back to the numbers with the counter going. Also...before the numbers come on 2 dots flash on the display of the box ...anyone else have this going on?

vinnyv07 said:
I turned on my VOOM box....and now Im getting a whole bunch of numbers on the screen. With a timer counting the seconds until they are mins and so on. Tried to reset the box but it just goes back to the numbers with the counter going. Also...before the numbers come on 2 dots flash on the display of the box ...anyone else have this going on?

I got this about an hour ago too. Don't reset the box -- I think it's downloading the software update.

I went back and checked on it and it's now working with the new software version (it didn't get the download last night).

Not sure why ours would download so late in the day but mine is working fine now so give to 40 minutes or so and see what happens.

Thanks...I just checked and everything is back but the guide. So VOOM is back for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)