Did VOOM increase signal strength?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

neo0285

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2004
Its pouring today in NYC. Previously this kind of rain knocked my bird out, but today even with this downpour my sat signal is still 87-89 , just slighlty down from the usual 96.

when the installer left I was at 50. they said that was normal. However after the couple downloads, my ss is a robust 99. could my 22 yr old installer have been lying???

They made a change to the software so that the Satellite Signal is wieghted more like Dish Network and DirecTV do their sgnal readings.

My unit was at 44 when I was installed and now it shows I am at 90 for a signal.

Anybody else notice that the signal stays up in the rain better than it use to?

thanks Scott- my installer said the signal strength "is not like the others". I guess now it is.SCOTT-WHILE I HAVE YOU--- I told the installer to forget about the OTA. Buty from what I see using my old antenna, the VOOM box appears to perform better and I am regretting not having used thier set-up. Do you agree about the performance ?

neo0285 said:

I had three different incidents of rain fad this am but nothing major. Signal went out for about 10 seconds but it then came back.

It was pouring where im at yesterday and Voom was unwatchable. I couldn't go 5 seconds without a pause and pixelation. It was HORRIBLE. My signal Strength was at 71!! Its usually around 95. So Lucky for yall on getting good reception in rain, I had to just put a dvd on.

We had some decent rain this weekend in the Chicagoland area and it didn't go out for me at all. Maybe only small pixellation here and there. But this was the first significant rain we had since I got Voom installed a couple weeks ago. My signal is usually at around 95. I did notice it go down to about 89 during the rain, but still no real significant breakups at all.

neo0285 said:
It depends on the type of rain. I've lost my signal with a light mist, yet had a strong signal with a downpour and vice versa. It all depends what's between you and the sat, not necessarily what's falling at your house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts