Difference between USALS and DiSEqC?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

IA6Newspath

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 27, 2006
Just curious if anyone might be able to give a quick explaination of the difference between USALS and DiSEqC. From what I've gathered, USALS seems to be a specific dish positioning method that uses part of the DiSEqC protocol, but aside from that I really don't know much about the difference between the two.

Also, in terms of USALS and DiSEqC compliant receivers, what is the difference between using USALS to steer the motor to a specific satellite and using DiSEqC to do so, and is one method thus considered easier and more accurate than the other? Additionally, can both methods be used on most newer Ku FTA receivers? The reason I ask is that I was looking through the manual of the receiver I have on order for my new FTA system (a Pansat 3500SD), and there doesn't appear to be any mention of USALS in the manual.

Thanks!

USALS uses your latitude & longitude to move the dish. You program in Lat & long, make sure your dish is on True SOuth and the motor does the rest

Diseqc 1.2 is used for "tweaking" the dish.

I personally use 1.2 (mainly because my USALS is so off right now)

I stand corrected. For some reason, a search of the PDF manual yielded no hits for "USALS", however I was browsing through the manual and was able to locate mention of the Pansat 3500SD's compliance with USALS. Sorry for the confusion!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts