Digital Audio from H21

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Justeve

Original poster
Aug 28, 2010
Central Pa.
The original H20 was replaced twice because of hissing, popping and sound drop outs from the digital optical to my Marantz Sr7200.

After patiently working with Direct TV, they eventually exchanged it for a H21. It works much better, but there are still periodic problems with it's digital coaxial. Sometimes my powered Sub (psb subsonic 6) doesn't get a signal and fails to turn on and I sometimes get static on the left front.

If I switch the receiver to analog, as I also have audio composite cables connected, the audio doesn't have the above problems, but no digital.

Ironically, it always happens when watching the Sunday concert stuff, when I want Dolby Digital and sporadically on other channels.

Is this normal, or is there a possible fix?

Directv has problems with sound drop outs when using Dolby Digital. They know about it but don't seem to be in any hurry to fix it. When my commitment to them runs out if the sound problem still exists I am going to drop them like a bad habit. I can't see paying the kind of money that they want when they don't seem to care if their sound is any good or not. I certainly will not buy any pay per view shows from them with the sound constantly dropping out. I never had this problem with Dish or with cable when I had them. Both of them are options for me and I will go to one of them if Directv cant't fix their digital sound problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)