Digital Box Only Software Upgrades!

I discovered a flaw that I would consider a show stopper. They are going to work on it on Monday, but I cannot see them pushing this out Tuesday unless this bug gets solved Monday.

The upgrade on the Digital STBs is starting in Pinellas.

The problem discovered over the weekend was they used the original package as their base and the Free To Air HD Channels added since then (608, 632 and 624) were added Free to Air. The new software did not accept them as valid so they came up as Unsubscribed with a message to call Brighthouse to Subscribe.

It has now been fixed (they say) and the upgrade is proceeding as we speak.

Those in Pinellas should have the new firmware within the hour.

FWIW, the shows I DVR'ed over the weekend and last night have not shown one glitch - where there were glitches and stuttering issues up until the new firmware.

I am hoping this update correcting the memory leaks is responsible for this and that it holds.

This may be completely unrelated--but I've been experiencing horrible pixelization lately, along with several friends on BH... including one with a CableCard. Hard-rebooting the STBs (or the CableCard) seems to help for a little bit.

Did someone trip over the headend on their way to do the firmware push? ;) Or is the cold weather getting to the amps?

Cablecards were not touched.

Jim White who had one of the first 10 SA3250HD with Firewire in the BHN system . 4 went to Pinellas, 4 to Tampa, 1 to Manatee and 1 to Polk of their order of 10 to meet the April 1st 2004 deadline. They only ordered 10. He had 1 and so did I in Pinellas, bdraw had one in Tampa...and eventually I got the one from Manatee sent up to Pinellas. I can't remember who got the other ones before they finally ordered more over 6 months later.

Anyway, he lost 1 of his stbs in the upgrade.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=9829699&&#post9829699

Last edited:
Ya, nothing really going on at this point.

Just about got all the dvr's replaced that failed the updates.

Nothing new on the horizon, or any news from some birdies. Nice and quiet. Just the way we like it!

sup guys? i was gonna do a new thread but i figured nah..but i hope its ok...

for the past many hours my phone service has been fully dead, (i only have phoneservice for now from brighthouse nothing more) and my modem, all of the lights flash at the same time continually, after a reset or disconnecting the power (and battery), but thenafter a few seconds of setting itself or w/e, it does that flashing thing on and off continually like i said again, and still is as of now..anybody knows what that means? is it my modem or is brighthouse going thru issues in the system?..im in saint pete (tampabay area)...

I havent been able to call (obviously) so i left an email thru the mybrighthouse.com site but it says they could get back to me withing 24 hours (if i dont get anything back ill call from a friends phone and see whats up) so yea if anybody knows that b great. ill b around, peace...

oh and thanks in advance :)

That sounds like you have an Arris MTA. Is there a button on the front that says standby? If so, the cat pushed it!

I hate those #$%#$ arris mta's!

I know my digiphone has not worked in a few months =\ the dam arris died, the mta part of it the inet is fine obviously.. Ill get around to switching it to the SA webstar one soon

(maybe in a few months :rolleyes: )

hmm im not sure what u guys are talking about lol, but it doesnt have no front buttons or anything like that, it just has a lil front door or w/e where the battery goes, the model of the modem is a webstar (by scientific atlanta jic) dpx2203c and it says it has emta.

here is a link to a pic of it jic u guys haven't seen it

http://chsss.com/DPX2203C.htm

the modem has been working awesome since i got it like a year ago (internet and phone) but this was the first time that it did it and i was like wtf,so thats why i came here to see if you guys knew anything about it...it is installed in the wall (high) so nothing can touch it, plus nothing was moved or touched when it did it..i did left that email to bright house about the problem and i got a response back the next day and all the guy wrote was that, they corrected the problem and that all is in normal operation and thats about it, what was it, i have no idea..my guess is that they had to reset it from the central office, maybe cause the modem got an error or something?...but the phone right now like i said its working perfectly fine as usual :)...well im out, ill b around till next time... peace.

Last edited:
Those are the ones that all the techs prefer to install. There was a major outage in on of the daytona/deltona/somewhere else yesterday for about an hour. Caused some bad problems with our dispatchers coming into work.

They couldn't log into their "software" (I am not allowed to actually mention the name of the software sorry) to be able to look at accounts, schedule, etc. etc. It was a bad hour.

Desks were being shared, phones stretched from station to station. UGH!

Those are the ones that all the techs prefer to install. There was a major outage in on of the daytona/deltona/somewhere else yesterday for about an hour. Caused some bad problems with our dispatchers coming into work.

They couldn't log into their "software" (I am not allowed to actually mention the name of the software sorry) to be able to look at accounts, schedule, etc. etc. It was a bad hour.

Desks were being shared, phones stretched from station to station. UGH!

Didnt know there we rules againest mentioning the I word.... ill keep that in mind :)

has anyone else tried recording via firewire since the box upgrades. my sa3250 worked fine. Now the firewire stream has constant dropouts and crashes capdvhs
also tried sa8300 and stilll no luck with its firewire

hey...how's it going :)

umm the problem razorphreak mentioned earlier with the mta not working, I've seen alot of those and it usually does that if the MTA is not authorized, so let's say u put in a new MTA just off the truck and don't call in to authorization after about 40 secs all the lights start blinking at the same time.

Another thing I remember, we've had a little problem with 2 channels (i think after the last upgrade) I'm not sure how widespread this is... I'm on the east coast
Only on the SA3250HD when u go to ch 47 (AMC) and then there's another one in the 30's I can't remember and if the box is set to 480i only, the box will lock up and reboot within 15 mins... when it locks up u have no control over the box and the only thing u can do is a hard boot.

The obvious fix is not to use 480i...which isn't really a problem.
I did have 1 tv which worked only on 480i the rest came in scrambled (I guess it was a normal tv with component inputs and ppl think it's an HD)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts