Digital Camera Memory Card ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
If a memory card is taken out of a camera and stored will it keep the data stored on it permanently. Reason I ask is that the first memory card I purchased was replaced with a larger capacity one about two years ago. I checked the old one and it had nothing on it. I don't remember erasing it though.

ok, if you see your old card, you probably can recupera your pic, with a software, make a google search, and remember, unused card can be lock!

If a memory card is taken out of a camera and stored will it keep the data stored on it permanently. Reason I ask is that the first memory card I purchased was replaced with a larger capacity one about two years ago. I checked the old one and it had nothing on it. I don't remember erasing it though.

They should save, but you can lose them if the card fails; you should always backup to disc and print.

Something doesn't make sense.
Memory card should have kept all of your old data. I don't think this is the norm. If I were you try to test the card once again with new data and see what happens.
I suspect that #1 you forgotten erased #2 there was no data in the first place.

Something doesn't make sense.
Memory card should have kept all of your old data. I don't think this is the norm. If I were you try to test the card once again with new data and see what happens.
I suspect that #1 you forgotten erased #2 there was no data in the first place.

I agree, most likely the case.

There is one other possibility. Try a difference reader. We had, for some strange reason, an SD card that would be recognized on one reader but had no contents. Yet on other readers you could see the data. We figured it must have had something to do with how the card seated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)