Digiwave Reciever

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Deaver

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Does anyone know the default password for a Digiwave 7200S reciever? I tried calling Digiwave and they told me I had to email the support team. I did but haven't heard back from them. I looked at the website (digiwave.ca) but didn't see anything about it.

any help is appreciated!

multiple codes

Yes, I've tried several codes that I have found on the Internet and none of them work. I just set the receiver back to factory defaults (shouldn't matter as i haven't changed anything (no hacks)).

I'm doing a scan again so I can get NASA/Angel channels, then I'll play around with trying the codes again. It's just really fustrating to think that when you buy something 'new', it's not really 'new'. I've found tons of articles stating that the 'Digiwave' is nothing but a door stop.

ARGHHH... while typing this the reciever just locked up. Wish I could get my money back!

I QUIT!

I'm done with FTA - IT just hasn't worked out for me very well. Mostly my fault for not digging deeper into what equipment to get. I really thought this was going to work out but it's not. I can't get the receiver to scan without it lokcing up and there is virtually no tech support & with the stations all going "Digital", I won't have any channels at all after June.

I've spent all i could afford on this stuff. So unless some miracle happens it's Good bye TV surfing... Hello DVD's.

I feel the same way about 4DTV, and then remember that I am into this as a hobby. I also remind my self of the hours of enjoyment and satisfaction I have gotten since jumping in feet first last fall.

Stick with it, it will turn out fine.

Lessons I learned in the last 10 months.

Pansat 9200Hd - ATSC great. PVR worthless.

Motorized setup is great for learning.

Have many dishes and have then pointed at evey where. LOL

Stay away from Motorola receivers.

and ask a ton of questions.

Best of luck to you.

I got a Digiwave as gift, factory default always produces loaded channels 110 and 119 of dish network, it must have been designed to hack:rolleyes:, and I must delete all manually, then scan for the 123W, everything works fine, but after a while spontaneously return channels 110 and 119. :mad: and 123W disappear!:(
Decided to reject and not more used it , I agree that box is a door stop.

Chalk it up to experience, I have heard of that brand but never owned one. For around a hundred or so, you can get a much better receiver that'll blind scan the way its supposed to.
check out our sponsors , top of page. Go for a Fortec Mercury2 (newer name for it now-check the ads) or a Traxis 3500. They're not hackable, and work very well for beginner fta receiver.

I had a digiwave and a clone for a while (KUSat 2600a).....worked decent as a stand alone receiver

I remember it had only a 16 satellite memory so you couldnt do the whole KU arc on it. Motorized worked fine. Quality meter sucked. It liked 98 for some reason ;)

Ok, I'm over being made now and will take this head on again. (After the weekend that is)... I finally got a reply from the tech support guys and they gave me 2 passwords to try. I'll give it a shot on Monday/Tuesday and will let you know if they worked.

Thanks group

confused...

I got a Digiwave as gift, factory default always produces loaded channels 110 and 119 of dish network, it must have been designed to hack:rolleyes:, and I must delete all manually, then scan for the 123W, everything works fine, but after a while spontaneously return channels 110 and 119. :mad: and 123W disappear!:(
Decided to reject and not more used it , I agree that box is a door stop.

So-I need to delete the channels from 110/119 and rescan? It gives the option to scan for $ or FTA or both, by Satellite or by TP.

All I did was set it up straight out of the box. While it picked up all the stations on 110/119, by default I can only view Nasa & Angel. That's ok with me.

Once I get my hands on a signal meter, I'll see if I can get to 123.

So-I need to delete the channels from 110/119 and rescan? It gives the option to scan for $ or FTA or both, by Satellite or by TP.

All I did was set it up straight out of the box. While it picked up all the stations on 110/119, by default I can only view Nasa & Angel. That's ok with me.

Once I get my hands on a signal meter, I'll see if I can get to 123.

Yes, I do it always, there is no reason for waste memory with tp and channels we can´t see. I make scan for FTA tp only.

I never use signal meter, not necessary for me. 123W is a little below and west 2mm aprox. from 119W position.;)

I'm trying to learn about deleting/adding channels as described above by magnigyro. Can you walk me through this? I'm not sure where to start or what sequence of steps to go through.

Any help is appreciated.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)