Can't Find 123W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

elder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
I have a DVR-1100c operating in the Glorystar mode, I can't find a screen that offers the Advanced hobbyist Mode. I have a 4x1 switch and a second dish for G18. AMC2/4 is on port 1, G19 is on port 2 and G18 on port 3. I can't find anything for G18, but surfing through the satellite list a signal appeared on G13 with port "none". I selected port 3 for AMC2/4 and was able to get a signal so the LNBF and cable is good.

I am obviously doing something wrong, do I need to enter anything on the channel search screen other than selecting G18 and switch port 3? I did select TP 11805. I spent a couple of hours running through elevations with minor azimuth changes, then repeating for azimuths with minor elevation changes all to no avail.

Suggestions welcome!

Was your G18 dish used before, on G18? What I'm getting at, was the lnbf on that dish skewed properly for G18? If not, you might have a hard time locating the signal. That one is hard to find, sometimes. Maybe manually entering a channel for G18 will help. The List, above, should have the PID info for Research channel so you can manually add the channel info for your 1100. I'd add one of the vertical channels also, on the 11800V freq, like WMQF , having a channel on each polarity might help you find the signal. Also, it might be easier if you connected directly to the G18 coax, locate/aim the dish for it, then after finding signal go back and add your switch.

G18 is in the receiver 's satellite list so I assume the TP list is up to date. The manual appears to be Glorystar only and does not address the advanced hobbyist mode. I think I recall that exercising a factory default will get me back to a screen that will give the option of selecting the mode, I am just not ready to go there yet since the manual is silent on its use. I don't want to have too many variables on the table until I find G18.

I found my skew setting to be only approximate so I set it using a level and a protractor. Then it started to rain and I haven't been able to get back to a search for the satellite.

I tend to read more into things than intended. The DVR-1100c advanced hobbyist feature is not to to add features it is to prevent the advanced user from being locked into the Glorystar mode.

By trimming some nearby limbs that I thought not to be a problem I got a better view of the gap in the trees I am aiming at for G18. I get a slight signal, about a Q of 5/10 with no lock. I think if I fell one tree I may be in business.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts