Diplexer question

mkopco

Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
I just had my Voom installed and there is a Diplexer on the back of my Voom. They ran two cables though, one from the OTA and one from the dish, so what is the Diplexer for. From what I've read there must be a Diplexer at the dish also, and this is what we are supposed to stay away from. Basically I am just asking if it is normal to have a Diplexer on the back of the Voom box?
Thanks

mkopco said:
I just had my Voom installed and there is a Diplexer on the back of my Voom. They ran two cables though, one from the OTA and one from the dish, so what is the Diplexer for. From what I've read there must be a Diplexer at the dish also, and this is what we are supposed to stay away from. Basically I am just asking if it is normal to have a Diplexer on the back of the Voom box?
Thanks

if I understand what you are saying correctly - they ran 2 seperate lines and didn't use the diplexor?

well that's great if they didnt :D
normal voom installs use the diplexor so they only have to run 1 cable through the house, saving them money and time but costing you on signal strength.

so If you have a diplexor in the back of your voom box that's not being used
don't worry about it, it sounds like the installers were experienced and did't skimp on the install. :clap

If you have two cables - remove the diplexer!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)