Direct Tivo will can not see satty

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lovswr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
But a D10-200 in the same place does. I came home from work yesterday, went into my bedroom, & my Tivo would not get any local channels. Everything above 100 was OK just no locals. So I make it do a check & now it can not see anything. This Tivo & my H10 are both connected to a Tripple LNB Dish. The H10 has no problems. I took the R10 downstairs, disconnected the H10 & connected the Tivo. Now the Tivo is wokring fine. I take the Tivo back upstairs & still nothing. (It can not download the guide). Now the D10-200 in the same place, same cables sees all 3 birds, 101,110, & 119 no problem. The Tivo sees the 101, odd transponders only & it can not see the 110 or 119 at all. Plug the D10-200 back in, all channels come right up. Now in my house my bedroom & the downstairs family room came prewired for cable. Those cables go right outside next to my power meter & that is where the 2 cables coming from the Tripple LNB connect at. I did switch them around. The H10 works fine on either (including all Hi Def channels, so I know nothing is wrong with the multi-switch inside the Tripple LNB) & the Tivo does not work on either. Any suggestions before I call Direct & go throught that troubleshooting hell?

Yes, as mentioned above I can get to both cables from the outside. The D10 works from both (note these cables are the cables that were put in when the house was built 4 years ago.) I find it hard to believe that the D10 has a superior RF input over the Tivo.

Whew! I figured it out. In my bedroom I have an El Cheapo Wal-Mart special power strip. It is for Cable/Satellite installs as it has two sets of filterd coax in/out 75 Ohm female connectors. The cable coming from the wall is good cat 6 (as made to the exact length by the DirectTV installer). That cable is going into the power strip. The cable coming out of the power strip & going into the Tivo is RG 3.5 (again from Wally-World). Somehow it had came loose at the powerstrip.

So the moral of this story is? Don't buy cheap stuff from Wal-Mart! :eek:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)