Direct TV Advocated Lying About Need Of Phone-Line

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Our company charged us $10 for each non-responders. Our pay for installs get less and less over time and now they deduct $10 for not hooking a phone line for each receiver. I just loss $40 for a 4 box install, that is some Bullsh!t, especially when customer only has a celluar phone. I quit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there any other company that is hiring in the bayarea?

Oh yeah, my supervisor told us to lie to costomers too about the need to have a phone line connected.

Although I do not know anything about the installers or the situation keep in mind that for DVR's you do need a phone line to at least get the DVR function activated otherwise you get a damn screen saying "you must make a call" so in some instances you do need a phone line to use the service.

okay, someone explain to me why the cable company can use dvr's that don't require a landline? surely, if they have the techology, you would think the satellite people could too!!!

iceturkee said:
okay, someone explain to me why the cable company can use dvr's that don't require a landline? surely, if they have the techology, you would think the satellite people could too!!!

Their cable connected to the DVR is two way and their to and from line to their transmission center. It replaces the phone line, used by satellite DVRs, which creates the two way communications for them. Satellite reception is one way, from the transmission site to the receiver and the phone line creates the return back to the transmission site.

iceturkee said:

Yea, those dumb Satellite people, just haven't figured out how to run the cable up to the Satellite yet... RONTGLMAO

lou_do said:
Their cable connected to the DVR is two way and their to and from line to their transmission center. It replaces the phone line, used by satellite DVRs, which creates the two way communications for them. Satellite reception is one way, from the transmission site to the receiver and the phone line creates the return back to the transmission site.
Correct , they (cable) use reverse stream for return.

Why would DirecTV held responsible for something a contractor's boss 'hinted' for them to do? DirecTV's policy is clear; not needed except to fully operate as designed. Just because the contacting company made their own decision to advocate the phone line 'scam' shouldn't be allowed to fall back on DirecTV. If it does then they are clearly ONLY going after the deep pocket payoff as opposed to the real perpetrator, which in turn any DirecTV payoff will get passed onto subscribers.

scotsmanron said:
This isn't going to be good. D* is going to catch hell as the AG in Florida is on a rant now.

From what I read and see on TV, it will be Mastec they go after, unless they can prove that D* has told them to lie. Just a case of a greedy sub-contractor, trying to make a quick buck off their employees.

lou_do said:
From what I read and see on TV, it will be Mastec they go after, unless they can prove that D* has told them to lie. Just a case of a greedy sub-contractor, trying to make a quick buck off their employees.

110% agree! Now THEY want blame big brother!

Doctor Bob said:
I think you are right Stevo/65!!! Your advice, to these Mastec guys, to speak up, is Good Advice!!! Let's get every State Attorney General, that has the Mastec HSP's in them, to clean house!!!

This BS has gone on long enough, and needs to be stopped TODAY!!! Here is Nancy's e-mail address: nalvarez@local6.com
Thanks Doctor Bob,
I really feel that companies like MASTEC will take advantage of customers lack of knowledge of the phone line situation being mandatory , so they can get more money but also expect the tec to put phone lines in for no cost . That company (MASTEC) is all about crooked buisness practice and would not be suprised to hear about how many tecs and their families they have burned. Check out some of the reports on them.
http://2100weekly.com/cgi-bin/satrev...ars2.pl?mastec

WOW. How did this thread get under my radar? I to like alot of other tech have been told that the phone lines were now mandatory. We even got a letter if they were not it would be our jobs. I don't have to worry about it much because I do not do alot but the techs in our company that do would rather do E* than Directv now.:eek:

charper1 said:
Who sent you the letter Tate?

It was my company. Since then my boss " the owner of the company" is suppose to be talking to someone about it because he knows it is BS also.

Edit: I believe someone from Directv got on him about it a while back.

Last edited:
I also ran into a "I believe he was Southwest Tech" not 100% sure on that but he worked for whoever covers the Memphis area, you may know charper. Who also said his company was on his ass about hooking phone lines up to all receivers.

What does Directv hope to accomplish in this whole thing? All they are getting is some angry techs and some disgruntled customers. I have heard some of the techs say the customers told them they would unhook the phone line after they left because the did not want PPV even to be possible.

The Tate said:
I also ran into a "I believe he was Southwest Tech" not 100% sure on that but he worked for whoever covers the Memphis area, you may know charper. Who also said his company was on his ass about hooking phone lines up to all receivers.

What does Directv hope to accomplish in this whole thing? All they are getting is some angry techs and some disgruntled customers. I have heard some of the techs say the customers told them they would unhook the phone line after they left because the did not want PPV even to be possible.

I honestly believe that DirecTV may be urging the connection because the full functionality needs it, but I would bet good money that it isn't DirecTV, but the contracting company owners that are advocating the lies.

Now if DirecTV is telling contracting companies they will dock them $$$ for each receiver that is not connected, does that condone the made up lie scheme? I say no. Does it lay the blame at DirecTV's feet? I say no again; it doesn't lay ANY % of the blame on them.

The question comes up is why dock the contractors for non-connected receivers? Is this some way that DirecTV can verify that the reported number of installs are actually being compleated and not faked?

Last edited:
Doctor Bob said:
You may take the Blinders off now Charper, it's OK, cause the Attorney General will figure it all out and Slap D* again!!! LOL

Your blinders are just as big & just as dark!

BUT

If they show some REAL proof it would be a shock; they rarely do; everyone always goes to the deepest pockets threatening lawsuits, but seeking a settlement (aka PAYOFF) not for determining right or wrong.

The incentive is that D* will pay HSP more money if phone lines are hooked up to the recievers , D* will not charge back the HSP if phone lines are not hooked up.
That is why HSP/MSP are telling the tecs (what ever it takes) lie to get phones lines in. The tec does not see a dime of the incentive program.:mad:
Now to take it even further, HSP (mastec) and others like them , is wanting tec to put in phone lines at their expense or possibly get fired .The tec still does not see a dime of the incentive program. But will be charged back 5 dollars a reciever that is not hooked up.:mad:

It would also be like AT&T telling AT&T customers if you dont have a phone in every room , you will die.:devil: To top it off then tell their field tecs to clock out and go put in all those phone lines in at their expense or get fired.:eek:
Do you think AT&T tecs that average 18 dollars an hour putting phone lines in, will want to start doing it at zero dollars an hour.:rolleyes:
Well that is what MASTEC is doing to the customers and tecs.:mad:

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)