DirecTivo HR10-250 Blowout!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm curious about the shipping costs...it's for shipping the unit to an installer? Or do they ship the unit to you, then the installer comes out?

lutton said:
I'm curious about the shipping costs...it's for shipping the unit to an installer? Or do they ship the unit to you, then the installer comes out?

I was told it was shipped to the installer and they would bring it out with them when they come to do the installation.

Go with the girls!

Sounds to me like a female CSR gives you the better chance for the deal. My first two calls were men...no luck. Third was a woman and I played the "emotions and feelings" card. Worked for me! Free HD DVR, OTA, 4 mo. HD prog., and Install, just paid $19.95 S/H. I didn't need to make any ST deals either.

So far . . . limited success

I decided to try my hand, and called. Spoke with female CSR, was very polite, and needed to resolve some other billing issues. Before we hung up, I asked about HD Tivo, and she said that after looking at my account, I don't qualify. I only qualify for Standard DVR or HD Receiver, but not the HD-DVR. I explained that I was only interested in the HD-DVR, and asked if there was a supervisor that she could check with to get permission to extend the promotion to me.

A few minutes later, the superviser (Adam) got on the phone and once again was told that I didn't qualify. (Subscriber for 1 year, total choice programming, st). After some very cordial back and forth, I asked about programming incentives being offered, to which he gave me a choice between SuperFan or 2 months all movie channels. I chose SF at no charge.

Given that I have only subscribed for 1 year, and only get TC (and ST), am I wasting my time trying for the HD-DVR?

Is there other programming that I should be going for?

Other than the games broadcast in HD, what other benefits do we get with SF since I don't have an interactive receiver?

Thanks.

litig8 said:
I decided to try my hand, and called. Spoke with female CSR, was very polite, and needed to resolve some other billing issues. Before we hung up, I asked about HD Tivo, and she said that after looking at my account, I don't qualify. I only qualify for Standard DVR or HD Receiver, but not the HD-DVR. I explained that I was only interested in the HD-DVR, and asked if there was a supervisor that she could check with to get permission to extend the promotion to me.

A few minutes later, the superviser (Adam) got on the phone and once again was told that I didn't qualify. (Subscriber for 1 year, total choice programming, st). After some very cordial back and forth, I asked about programming incentives being offered, to which he gave me a choice between SuperFan or 2 months all movie channels. I chose SF at no charge.

Given that I have only subscribed for 1 year, and only get TC (and ST), am I wasting my time trying for the HD-DVR?

Is there other programming that I should be going for?

Other than the games broadcast in HD, what other benefits do we get with SF since I don't have an interactive receiver?

Thanks.

Dont know if you view this as a benefit...But on mondays they replay entire games in 30 minute short cuts

MY fun with retention

I called last night to see if I could pay for the sunday ticket in one lump sum and they said no it had to be in installments. I also asked if I could get the Superfan waived since I had it waived last year. Done deal no problem. I then asked the male CSR if they had an HDTIVo deal with sunday tikcet subscribers. He went on to say that was a special deal and you had to have 15 qualifiications to get it and that I did not qulaify. I thanked him for what he had done for me and hung up.
I called back an hour later and talked to a woman CSR and asked if they were running any deals with the HD Tivo and sunday ticket subscribers she said yes and offered me the deal. She said that there would be a $19.95 charge for shipping and handling. I got that waived as well before the call was done. Plus she threw in 4 months of the HD package for free. Be persistent you will get a HD Tivo for free if you try hard enough. I wanted them to just ship the HD Tivo since it is replacing an exsisting SD Tivo but they said the installer would have to come out with it. Hence why I questioned the shipping and handling charge scine they were not going to just ship the unit to me. Tips: be cordial and you will get the deal you want

Trevor

I just called and was instantly given HD DVR for FREE with just S&H fee of 19.95, I recently (2 months back) switched to HD and got HR-20 receiver with 2 year commitment, so getting in to another 2 year commitment (from today) was no big deal for me. I have 2 questions, I just have Vonage at home and NO traditional landline, does this DVR needs to be connected to phone line always? Can I do a USB network in to this DVR?

negma said:
I just called and was instantly given HD DVR for FREE with just S&H fee of 19.95, I recently (2 months back) switched to HD and got HR-20 receiver with 2 year commitment, so getting in to another 2 year commitment (from today) was no big deal for me. I have 2 questions, I just have Vonage at home and NO traditional landline, does this DVR needs to be connected to phone line always? Can I do a USB network in to this DVR?

USB won't work, but you can get a serial to stereo with a null modem. Works great. just go to TVIO community and look for serial dial in.

WOW! My Retention Experience.

Sugar and Spice make them all nice! Trust me it works

I notified them I had 99-50 deal first round due to installation screwups. Longs story dont wanna get into it. I am not interested in NFLST at all. I enjoy by OTA programming being tivoed and the HD pack.

First Call - $399-150 or NFLST for 229.xx both in month installments. THank you , Im gonna think about it

Second Call - $399-200 instant credit, - additional 50 credit = $150
$10 credits over 12 mo. (Required special approval because I already have that for another issue. It was only extended.
HBO for 6 at 2.99
HD Pack 6 mo free ( Already had that too from last HDTIVO) Got it for 6 then called back for 6 more when it was up. Said thank you kindly last time.
Show for 6 at Free
Stars for 3 at Free

$150 charged to account + 20 shipping.

Asked if shipping could be waived. Said he could get fired if they were monitoring call. I asked him what my number value and customer star level was. He said he didnt know...but alot ask. He asked me let him look at this one more time. SPoke to supervisor. Came back and said " We got you covered" Dont worry about it. He said but you are 1200s into the negative with us on equipment subsidy over the last year. That sounds about right. 2 HD tivos and a free HRD200 LG Box non DVR HD box.. Whatever the new directv model is. Cant keep up. He snickered a little and I said, Thank you very much for all your help today. Asked how long he had been with directv or customer care , stated just under 4 years.

$20 shipping/handling billed to account
$10 credits over 12 mo
HBO for $299 over 6 mo
HD pack still free and active
Show for Free over 6
Starts for Free over 3

Said thank you for remaining a valued customer with directv.
Installation set for Next Monday. I told them all that will be required is a signature for the installer. I will have all the wires ready for quick set up and will not require OTA antenna

I now have NBC, ABC, FOX in HD OTA and CBS Distant. I wanted that second HDtivo

I didnt think it was possible to beat my first at $50 - 120 ( $10 credit over 12 months, and a free 5x8 switch. I did this in October 2005.

Final Price

$20 HD Tivo-
$120 ( 12 mo credits)

BTW, It was a Male, First Female needed some customer service skills.

Do the HR10-250s still come with HDMI cables. I need a second :)

I have been with Directv for since 1997, Autobill, But when i was a bad apple, I payed late all the time. They used to cut me off. I have changed my ways since my 20s.

I know that I did the right thing resigning, Charter sucks here, NO HD, TIme Warner not available in my area, I didnt care for dish, and Directv will get this mpg 4 thing worked out soon, and we will have much HD. Good things come to those who wait. I think what triggered me was FOX went up finally in HD 2 days ago. I said , Wait ...I only have 2 hd tuners, and a my hd card. Time to make the call. I had been toying with the idea since this thread was revived from last year.

Im DONE!

Last edited:
nc88keyz said:
Do the HR10-250s still come with HDMI cables. I need a second :)

I was told they come with:
1 HDMI to DVI cable
1 HDMI cable
1 Component cable
1 composite A/V cable
1 S-Video cable

Will know for sure next week when they install mine.

Me too!

I just got off the the phone with the "retention" folks. It was my 1st call to them. I told them my HD receiver was failing and in only 20 months I was on both my 2nd HD receiver and my 2nd DVR. I told them I wanted to switch to an HD DVR. Their initial offer was for $250($399 les $150 instant credit). When I told them I might wait until my HD receiver failed for good, I was put on hold and then eventually told I could have the HD DVR for free! I was more than willing to pay the $20 for S&H and my install will be on Aug 5th. There was never any mention about football packages and I have only been with Directv since Nov, 2004.

:hatsoff:

lou_do said:
I was told they come with:
1 HDMI to DVI cable
1 HDMI cable
1 Component cable
1 composite A/V cable
1 S-Video cable

Will know for sure next week when they install mine.

They do not come with HDMI or HDMI to DVI cables. You can get them cheap on Ebay.

chazcbh said:
They do not come with HDMI or HDMI to DVI cables. You can get them cheap on Ebay.

Yes they do, I have 2 HD-DVR's and both have come with those cables. I just got my second HD-DVR (free) about a month ago.

freddog said:
Yes they do, I have 2 HD-DVR's and both have come with those cables. I just got my second HD-DVR (free) about a month ago.

I guess my installer took them out of the box before he got to my house.

Asking nicely works wonders! I just got off the phone with 'retention' where I asked the CSR about the HD Tivo deal with ST. After putting me on hold for a few minutes to go talk with his supervisor, he returned with the offer of a free HD Tivo if I signed up for ST at $229. We talked a little, and he credited me the $19.95 shipping charge; a little more conversation, and he threw in SuperFan for free. I told him how much I appreciate his efforts on my behalf, and he gave me an additional credit for $10/mo off my Total Choice base pkg for 12 months. Not too bad.
I guess that you can get some bees with a little honey, if you manage to get the right CSR on the line!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts