DIRECTV 11 - Launch now reported as March 9th - Update: Delivered to SeaLaunch (1/26)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
lol, of course it's good news, a slow painful death is always better than a fast painless one!

Hey this is more of a DISH board.

Read my lips, let me count the reasons, for DISH
1. The 622/722? 's rock, nuff said
2. D* does not have CONUS HD Locals
3. D* is kinda bad for moving (see 2), especially to Canada. I like my Chicago and LA HD Locals on DISH.
4. Hard drive archiving supported
5. I also love Monsters HD!! :eek::eek::eek:
6. Comcast is far behind where I live, Natl. Geo was promised long ago, Moto DVR's are so far behind, get real...
7. Better HBO, Showtime, HDNet, ESPN quality on DISH.

Rupert S*cks too!!!
GO DISH :hungry:

Last edited:
Hey this is more of a DISH board. Read my lips, HR20's have NO OTA Scanning. D* does not have CONUS HD Locals. Kinda bad for moving, especially to Canada. I like my CHicago and LA HD Locals on DISH. I also love Monsters HD!! :eek::eek::eek: Rupert S*cks too!!! GO DISH:hungry:

I guess you never saw channels 80, 81, 82, 84, 84, 85, 88, 89 on DirecTV. The east and west coast Network HD channels on full CONUS. So, the LA locals are in fact available anywhere in the U.S.

I guess you never saw channels 80, 81, 82, 84, 84, 85, 88, 89 on DirecTV. The east and west coast Network HD channels on full CONUS. So, the LA locals are in fact available anywhere in the U.S.
Ive seen them, will see them this evening as a matter of fact.
Guess they dont count

Hey this is more of a DISH board.

Read my lips, let me count the reasons, for DISH
1. The 622/722? 's rock, nuff said
2. D* does not have CONUS HD Locals
3. D* is kinda bad for moving (see 2), especially to Canada. I like my Chicago and LA HD Locals on DISH.
4. Hard drive archiving supported
5. I also love Monsters HD!! :eek::eek::eek:
6. Comcast is far behind where I live, Natl. Geo was promised long ago, Moto DVR's are so far behind, get real...
7. Better HBO, Showtime, HDNet, ESPN quality on DISH.

Rupert S*cks too!!!
GO DISH :hungry:

Ok let's see why D* is better then E*
1. More Local HD
2. More HD channels
3. More Premium HD channels
4. Better PQ in SD and HD
5. More Sports in HD

1. More Local HD --That doesn't matter in a top 20 market, you can only see 1 city....
2. More HD channels --OK, so you guys have Sci-fi HD, very slight advantage there...CNN-not much HD, TWC-Not much HD, USA?
3. More Premium HD channels --OK so a few. Wests would be nice.
4. Better PQ in SD and HD --Not on the old MPEG2 channels... SD? Nope
5. More Sports in HD -- Don't care about football & I *Move* for baseball.

OK slight adv. on 2 and 3. DISH has Monsters HD with Voom, which has much more HD content than cable channels listed in (2.), and a better DVR, the 622 scans OTA, regardless of where you've 'moved' and the 622 has External Hard drive support.
D* requires $200 for a HD-DVR, Plus a 2-yr. sub is required :rolleyes:
HHmmm, close but no thanks D* ...

Last edited:
Dude, why the frack are you even in the D* forum.

I really cant stand people that venture off the reservation and make posts that are going to further arguments.

All 5 of your points are OPINION

And we all know what opinions are like dont we?

just came from the sea-launch home page.....sounds like weather conditions have forced a countdown hold for tomorrow's thuraya 3 launch. trying to get an update.

UPDATE: thuraya 3 will not launch wednesday and no time or date for countdown resumption has been established yet. hopefully, this will be up soon, weather permitting.

Last edited:
just came from the sea-launch home page.....sounds like weather conditions have forced a countdown hold for tomorrow's thuraya 3 launch. trying to get an update.

UPDATE: thuraya 3 will not launch wednesday and no time or date for countdown resumption has been established yet. hopefully, this will be up soon, weather permitting.
-------------------------------
It was reported that the launch will be no earlier than 19 November. They also had a medical emergency which required the Command Ship to head to Christmas Island and then Medi-Vac an induvudual by helicopter. I hope all is well!

How's that good news for DISH guys? Not enough space up there for your satellites?
LOL there satellites? They already use Dtv satellites now that they finaly get some more of there own maybe DTV can get out of being required to let them use Dtv's.

Last edited:
-------------------------------
It was reported that the launch will be no earlier than 19 November. They also had a medical emergency which required the Command Ship to head to Christmas Island and then Medi-Vac an induvudual by helicopter. I hope all is well!

Damn, are they so far out to sea that a Coast Guard or other like vehicle/aircraft could not come to them and THEY had to steam all the way back to port?

It seems odd that DIRECTV initially argued that the further away from Echostar's 97W satellite they could get, the better. Now they are applying to move closer to it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)