raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
even though I don't think they will have any new channels on Wednesday, I sure hope I am wrong. ;)

I'm getting up the same time as Scobuck. :D

gadgtfreek

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
D10 went live very quickly after people saw SS. They started popping channels up for brief periods. Scobuck has the right idea to be on the look out, I think things will go live much sooner than expected. Cant wait to put my slimline back up Friday.

jcrandall

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Clocking in with most transponders at 95, the lowest at 91.

Lets hope for 6am Wednesday, but realistically, I think it will be next week on the 30th.

H

HD#1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 7, 2007
Los Angeles
I hope we have the MPEG 2 to MPEG 4 conversion tomorrow. I know its been said July 31st but it would be sweet to have all HD channels in MPEG 4 tomorrow.

S

Smith P.

On Vacation
Oct 4, 2003
Bay Area, CA
Ain't happen soon - look for a shapes of the transponders - they are overlapping !
Now imagine what will happen with digital stream up there.

M

mikew

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
Ain't happen soon - look for a shapes of the transponders - they are overlapping !
Now imagine what will happen with digital stream up there.

The recent images you posted were the first I've ever seen. Are you saying the lines on those images should be broken up between each transponder? Do you have an image that shows what a signal should look like?

Thanks for the education!

raoul5788

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
This is a post from the DPUC website in CT. There are some new, to me, hd channels that may be among the new lauches for Directv.

"Effective Tuesday, July 29, 2008, Cablevision will launch 15 High Definition (HD) services: AMC HD, Animal Planet HD, Discovery HD, Fox News HD, FX HD, Hallmark Movie Channel HD, IFC HD, Nickelodeon HD, Science Channel HD, Speed Channel HD, Spike HD, The Weather Channel HD, TLC HD, Travel Channel HD and We HD. All Commercial and Residential customers subscribing to Family Cable and above, or the iO Package and above for the Hallmark Movie Channel and Science Channel HD or iO Silver and above for IFC HD will be able to enjoy the new HD programming."

psumattDE

psumattDE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 2, 2006
Wilmington, DE
Wow - I checked out my signal levels on 99(a) this morning on my H21 - readings were from 44 to 78.

jcrandall

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Wow - I checked out my signal levels on 99(a) this morning on my H21 - readings were from 44 to 78.

That seems pretty low, my HR20 is still in the 91+. How are your readings on the other satellites?

psumattDE

psumattDE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 2, 2006
Wilmington, DE
Jason,
The 3 main satellites, usually low 90's... 103 I get in the 70's. (It used to be high 80's when I was first installed).

I called them about it, and they told me readings in the 70's for the HD satellite was fine (which I know it's not optimal)

beast37799

beast37799

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
yea i had to go through 2 csr till i got a tech out here basicaly he said alot of people have had to get it tweaked a few times idk why . adjusted the tilt by like a milimeter

S

Smith P.

On Vacation
Oct 4, 2003
Bay Area, CA
The recent images you posted were the first I've ever seen. Are you saying the lines on those images should be broken up between each transponder? Do you have an image that shows what a signal should look like?

Thanks for the education!
By FCC regulation there should be safety gap 4 MHz between CONUS tpns and 8 MHz between spot beam tpns.
Look for other pictures what I posted on this site.

Status
Please reply by conversation.