DirecTV 11 Satellite - Tracking & Testing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
D10 went live very quickly after people saw SS. They started popping channels up for brief periods. Scobuck has the right idea to be on the look out, I think things will go live much sooner than expected. Cant wait to put my slimline back up Friday.

Clocking in with most transponders at 95, the lowest at 91.

Lets hope for 6am Wednesday, but realistically, I think it will be next week on the 30th.

I hope we have the MPEG 2 to MPEG 4 conversion tomorrow. I know its been said July 31st but it would be sweet to have all HD channels in MPEG 4 tomorrow.

Ain't happen soon - look for a shapes of the transponders - they are overlapping !
Now imagine what will happen with digital stream up there.

Ain't happen soon - look for a shapes of the transponders - they are overlapping !
Now imagine what will happen with digital stream up there.

The recent images you posted were the first I've ever seen. Are you saying the lines on those images should be broken up between each transponder? Do you have an image that shows what a signal should look like?

Thanks for the education!

This is a post from the DPUC website in CT. There are some new, to me, hd channels that may be among the new lauches for Directv.

"Effective Tuesday, July 29, 2008, Cablevision will launch 15 High Definition (HD) services: AMC HD, Animal Planet HD, Discovery HD, Fox News HD, FX HD, Hallmark Movie Channel HD, IFC HD, Nickelodeon HD, Science Channel HD, Speed Channel HD, Spike HD, The Weather Channel HD, TLC HD, Travel Channel HD and We HD. All Commercial and Residential customers subscribing to Family Cable and above, or the iO Package and above for the Hallmark Movie Channel and Science Channel HD or iO Silver and above for IFC HD will be able to enjoy the new HD programming."

Jason,
The 3 main satellites, usually low 90's... 103 I get in the 70's. (It used to be high 80's when I was first installed).

I called them about it, and they told me readings in the 70's for the HD satellite was fine (which I know it's not optimal)

The recent images you posted were the first I've ever seen. Are you saying the lines on those images should be broken up between each transponder? Do you have an image that shows what a signal should look like?

Thanks for the education!
By FCC regulation there should be safety gap 4 MHz between CONUS tpns and 8 MHz between spot beam tpns.
Look for other pictures what I posted on this site.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)