DirecTV 11 Satellite - Tracking & Testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I did a test and I can receive my HD locals from D* without my BBCs so that proves to me that you don't need a BBC to receive stuff off of the Spaceway birds.
Yet the test channel disappeared when the bbc's were removed. It could be from D10 or D11?

How does he know?

Also, if it is coming from 99, then wouldn't the station still receive a signal when the bbc's are removed?

PSmith would be the one to know.... He's one of a kind person who can find things out and has contacts that none of us have :D ...

YEs and no... The sation would drop with the bbc's removed on the test channel because the test channel is coming from a location that requires bbc's to view it..

In this case they were reciving it on channel 90 something, wich is coming from the 110 location. so when you remove the bbc's the channel will stay there because the 110 location does not require bbc's to view it.

Ok...Thanks for the info guys...

I guess we will just have to wait and see because all we are doing now is speculating. All I know is that soon both Direct and Dish will be adding more HD and that is enough to make all of us happy.

Why would they though? Is there any Mpeg 2 at these location?

Because they can! I dont know. My only thing with the testing method is that it doesnt dispell the encoding/decoding methods used. Heck they could of ran out of mpeg4 encoders and decided to put stuff up in mpeg2, no one would really know if they were running full rez and at a good bitrate.

With that said, im not trying to dispell that its mpeg4 coming from the location, what im trying to say is that the methods do not prove or disproove that the channel is in mpeg 4. It just proves that the channel is coming from a location that requires a bbc.

Lyngsat is not the best source. While they do have good information, the last time the transpoders were updated was in 05,06 according to to the site. Also, D* could do transpoder moves all the time.

Well, Lyngsat must not have a complete listing then. I definitely get HD locals from D*. D* didn't starting broadcasting HD locals until the Spaceways went up. Lyngsat doesn't list my market, Greensboro, NC on either Spaceway 1 or Spaceway 2. I got my HD locals before D10 ever went up. Lyngsat doesn't list any HD locals on D10 but we know it delivers some HD locals.

Let me correct one thing, I may get my HD locals from 99s. I get readings on transponders 1 and 5 off of 99s. So I get some reading from both 99s and 103s.

So I'm not sure which Spaceway I get my HD locals from but it has to be coming from one of them.

Well, Lyngsat must not have a complete listing then. I definitely get HD locals from D*. D* didn't starting broadcasting HD locals until the Spaceways went up. Lyngsat doesn't list my market, Greensboro, NC on either Spaceway 1 or Spaceway 2. I got my HD locals before D10 ever went up. Lyngsat doesn't list any HD locals on D10 but we know delivers some HD locals.

Let me correct one thing, I may get my HD locals from 99s. I get readings on transponders 1 and 5 off of 99s. So I get some reading from both 99s and 103s.

So I'm not sure which Spaceway I get my HD locals from but it has to coming from one of them.
Thats cool. I wish I didn't need BBC's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts