DirecTV 11 Satellite - Tracking & Testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey, Dish is looking for customers..
smile.gif

im sorry

Looks like it is getting close to geosync. Been pretty stationary over the last couple of days with just minor fluctuations in altitude.

Does anyone from Direct have any update on D11??

Is it still looking like September before they fire some channels on this one??

Right now it's still in an eliptical orbit. When the perigee and apogee equal out at a little over 35,000 KM it's expected that they will park it at 99 degrees and begin testing. Those that follow it closlely seem to think it will be ready to go before Sept.

DirectTV 11 - Orbit Data

Well if n2yo.com can be trusted for accuracy, DirecTV 11 after weeks of sitting still is moving toward its permanent home. Its moved 10 degrees or more since mid morning. At the rate its going it will be close to 99 degrees (I'm not sure exactly where its going but its near there) by tomorrow morning or even sooner. Its at 80 degrees right now and was at 70 when I noticed it about 5 hours ago...

What happens once it gets there and how long before she fires up is another story. But its a step!

LIVE REAL TIME SATELLITE AND SPACE SHUTTLE TRACKING

D11 is now averaging 97 miles per day of western drift. If they don't change anything that will make it 20 days to get back to 99.25 west longitude. The oscillation between central south america and just off shore in the Pacific is due to the changing altitude as it orbits.

Testing starts soon.........FCC authority...
-----------------
On May 20, 2008, the Policy Branch granted with conditions DIRECTV Enterprises, LLC (DIRECTV) request for special temporary authority for
a period of 30 days commencing on May 25, 2008, to operate the DIRECTV 11 satellite (Call Sign: S2640) from the 99.4° WL orbital location to
conduct in-orbit testing using the 18.3-18.8 GHz (Space-to-earth) and 28.35-28.6 GHz and 29.25-29.5 (Earth-to-Space) and to conduct telemetry,
tracking and control operations necessary to maintain the satellite at the 99.4° WL orbital location in accordance with the terms, conditions, and
technical specifications set forth in DIRECTV’s application, the attachment to grant, and the Commission’s rules.

All of this is far too technical for me. I wish someone would just put something together to say the sat has travel x amount and is x amount away from it's target.
I created periodic excel graphs showing the movement of the perigee and apogee in relation to its geosynchronous location during each TLE reading over at DBS. I will post a couple of them here as well. The first graph is one of the last 5 TLE readings and the second one has the last four readings.

Attachments

• D11 map5.jpg
    D11 map5.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 153
  • D11 map6.jpg
    D11 map6.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 145
Update on signals from D11:
- half hour ago I saw in Ka-Lo RHCP (IF: 250...750 MHz) two signals; at 600 and 650 MHz(IF);
those signal was I-shape and came from noise floor a couple times for 15-30 seconds, then went off for other 20 min of my observation windows.
Wobulation is that reason or it was temporary turning on, I don't know.

EDIT: Today it was LHCP signals 550 MHz and 600MHz and there are pictures captured this morning on same condition:

Attachments

• Photo_053008_001.jpg
    Photo_053008_001.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 1,317
  • Photo_053008_002.jpg
    Photo_053008_002.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)