DirecTV 11 Satellite - Tracking & Testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is this the time that local public television HD channels get picked up by D* as per the national agreement signed late last year?

Dana

Is this the time that local public television HD channels get picked up by D* as per the national agreement signed late last year?

Dana

It makes sense, and we all hope it's true. Here in CT, WEDH isn't even broadcasting digitally yet! They should be in August or September according to the station manager.

They were doing some unique testing and this is a very big bird.

I don't claim to be an expert but from what I"ve heard this testing will allow DirecTV to do things in the future that will be worth it. It makes all the sense to me what they did.

If I was in their shoes I would have had to make the same decision. Otherwise they would have spent a HUGE amount of money later on a theory that may or may not have worked.

I can wait for them to test. Its summer, get out enjoy and know that new programming will be in place when the weather turns in a couple of months. It will likely be here much sooner than that but it will all be ready by the time we have to run indoors for the winter...

Let me ask you guys. When did you start getting channels after you got signals from D10??

getting all 14 tp here to. 34 to 45%
Let me reply with the same info I did on the other site. I wouldn't worry too much about your low readings right now. Once they start broadcasting actual stations and your readings are low, then I would worry. With this testing weird things happen, including the way your receiver interprets information.

I had low readings when D10 started sending out transponder readings, and then once it went live with actual channel my readings jumped up dramatically.

ETA: After seeing that your 103 readings are low, I would call for a realignment anyway. These low readings will still get you a good picture when it is sunny, but any little interference would cause your signal to drop more than it would if you had higher readings.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts