DirecTV 11 Satellite - Tracking & Testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Recap on information:

If you own a Hxx unit D11 will show up on 99(a) "currently all zeros"
smile.gif

If you own a HRxx unit D11 will show up on 99(c/a)

(s/b) is a spot beam not the D11 bird.

14 transponders, times 5 HD channels per transponder = 70 HD channels !!
smile.gif
smile.gif

Wed. morning looks good for start up !!

Recap on information:

If you own a Hxx unit D11 will show up on 99(a) "currently all zeros"
smile.gif

If you own a HRxx unit D11 will show up on 99(c/a)

(s/b) is a spot beam not the D11 bird.

14 transponders, times 5 HD channels per transponder = 70 HD channels !!
smile.gif
smile.gif

Wed. morning looks good for start up !!

I wonder if they we will see 70 hd national or will they stop short of that number??

70 would be awesome!!!!

The first 20 will be used up on the mpeg 2 to mpeg4 conversion, the rest will be new channels !!:)

I didn't realize there was that many MPEG2 hd. I thought only 8 or 9.

That still leaves 50. Great!!!

I wonder too if it will give them even more room to add a few channels once MPEG2 is converted to MPEG4?? Maybe 3 or 4 more hd??

The first 20 will be used up on the mpeg 2 to mpeg4 conversion, the rest will be new channels !!:)

I don't think there are 20 MPEG2 channels either. There are the 9 channels in the 70s range of channels. I also think that the NY HD DNS channels are still MPEG2. I believe the LA HD DNS were converted to MPEG4 sometime back, but I could be wrong about that. So at most I'm aware of is either 13 or 17 depending on the LA HD DNS.

That still leaves 50. Great!!!

I wonder too if it will give them even more room to add a few channels once MPEG2 is converted to MPEG4?? Maybe 3 or 4 more hd??

There is a total of 14 that needs to be converted over.

The first four are HDDNS out of NYC
Then we have
HBOE
SHOE
ESPN2
ESPN
UHD (UNIVERSAL HD)
TNTHD
HDTH (DISCOVERY HD THEATER)
HDNM (HDNET MOVIES)
HDN (HD NET)
PPVEVENT CHANNEL

I don't think there are 20 MPEG2 channels either. There are the 9 channels in the 70s range of channels. I also think that the NY HD DNS channels are still MPEG2. I believe the LA HD DNS were converted to MPEG4 sometime back, but I could be wrong about that. So at most I'm aware of is either 13 or 17 depending on the LA HD DNS.

LA has allready been converted...

I know it's around 3-4 full Ku transponders worth of data that must be moved over to D11.

Those were very loose numbers I posted but it gives you the correct idea about what will happen.:)

There is a total of 14 that needs to be converted over.

The first four are HDDNS out of NYC
Then we have
HBOE
SHOE
ESPN2
ESPN
UHD (UNIVERSAL HD)
TNTHD
HDTH (DISCOVERY HD THEATER)
HDNM (HDNET MOVIES)
HDN (HD NET)
PPVEVENT CHANNEL

Thanks for confirming that the LA HD DNS are already MPEG4. As far as that PPVEvent channel, I believe MPEG4 versions already exist in the 90s so I would think that the MPEG2 version would just go away instead of being converted.

Thanks for confirming that the LA HD DNS are already MPEG4. As far as that PPVEvent channel, I believe MPEG4 versions already exist in the 90s so I would think that the MPEG2 version would just go away instead of being converted.

Nope, they are all mpeg2. There are mpeg4 ppv channels, the event channel is the only one that still is in mpeg2 hd. As far as I know all the channels in the 90;s are mpeg 2. The should relauch the mpeg4 event channel on 103. It would be next to 101 and could increase ppv revinue as people who tune to the 101 would see it in their guides as its placed next to the 101.

Position of satellite doesn't matter as soon you have dish(s) aimed to it regarding PPV revenue or such.
Plus IRD software collecting EPG info from all available satellites again regardless proximity of the sats, only by real signals in coax cable connected to the box.

Nope, they are all mpeg2. There are mpeg4 ppv channels, the event channel is the only one that still is in mpeg2 hd. As far as I know all the channels in the 90;s are mpeg 2. The should relauch the mpeg4 event channel on 103. It would be next to 101 and could increase ppv revinue as people who tune to the 101 would see it in their guides as its placed next to the 101.

Well, I've always heard that some in the 90s were MPEG4, so I just did a little experiment. Since I don't have any SWM gear, I still have 2 BBCs for my HR20 and one for H20. So I removed the BBC from the back of my H20 knowing that the channels from the latest satellites require the BBC and that everything from them is MPEG4 and everything from the older satellites are MPEG2 and don't required BBCs

To confirm this after my BBC was removed I tuned in 206 (ESPN) and it work perfectly and then tuned to 207 (ESPNEWS) and it had error message 771, searching for satellite.

Prior to removing the BBC I tuned every channel in the 90s and they all came in without a problem. However, after the BBC was removed channels 92, 96, and 97 all showed the 771 error message.

So it appears that 92, 96 and 97 are indeed MPEG4 unless my testing method was flawed. Now whether or not those channels are being used for anything today I don't know.

Position of satellite doesn't matter as soon you have dish(s) aimed to it regarding PPV revenue or such.
Plus IRD software collecting EPG info from all available satellites again regardless proximity of the sats, only by real signals in coax cable connected to the box.

Unless I'm misinterpreting what you meant, Bob was referring to channels 101 and 103, not the satellites at positions 101 and 103.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)