DirecTV 2 PC Version 5628 Software Information

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
DirecTV and Cyberlink have prepared a new version of DirecTV2PC that shifts the majority of processing to the video processor instead of the CPU. For computers with high-end graphics, this should work good and be very desirable. For older computers with lower-end graphics, the other beta version is still available. This new version is also Windows 7 Compatible, and supports Dual Monitor computers.

For the standard release, which primarily uses CPU processing, visit this site:
DIRECTV: DIRECTV2PC (Version 5102)

For the new pre-release software that shifts processing to the video card, adds Win 7 and dual monitor support, download this from Satelliteguys:
DirecTV 2 PC v. 5628 (36mb)
Hardware Advisor Program (To see if your system can handle DirecTV2PC GPU Test Pre-Beta Version.) (3mb)

Even with this release, you will need a serial number. If you do not have one, you will need to complete the entire download process for the regular version hosted at directv's site, the s/n is emailed after the download is started.
To get a serial number, visit: DIRECTV: DIRECTV2PC

Remember this is pre-release software, DO NOT call or email customer support for help.

-----

Updates to this Version:

Improved/Updated
Frame Skips when clicking replay multiple times
Dual Monitor touch ups
Codecs
Under the hood
Updated messaging
Parental Controls
Remove 'beta' logo
Trick Play bar during in-progress recordings

Previous Version Updates:

New features
  • Video Acceleration when available
  • Support for Friendly Names
  • Offer "Retry" when content cannot be played due to HDCP support issue
  • Change activation key: when receiving "incorrect activation key"
  • New EULA (please read)
  • Prevent screen capture of D2PC app
  • Ability to connect to update server
  • Support for Windows 7 Activation
  • Support for Windows 7 RC1
  • Dual Monitor Support (Extension mode)
  • Always on Top
  • Codec download
  • Windows 7 Support

Improved/Updated
  • Trick Play
  • video / audio mismatch in FF mode
  • Lip sync issues
  • Server lookup/connection consistency
  • Parental: when no PIN, default setting is unlocked
  • Edge sharpness during playback in full screen
  • ATSC playback audio
  • Video lockup when changing audio/video several times
  • parental controls
  • refined "Download now" behavior
  • Closed Captioning
  • Improved playback when USB device in use
  • "Showcase" tab is now "Top Movies"
  • Improved video on stations with crawl
  • Improvements when parental lock on
  • Activation
  • DVR Friendly Names
  • Trickplay
  • Parental controls

Got it working but now i get a message saying cannot play because my card does not support screen capturing protected content..What does this mean? I have a pretty nice video card. I don't get why this has to be so damn difficult..

That means your monitor, video chip set or driver doesnt support HDCP. HDCP is an encryption and end to end lockup scheme designed to prevent video stream interception.

For the .001% of people who would want to capture streamed video that passes through their PC and wouldnt simply connect a tv capture card to the outputs of a directv receiver, this prevents the 5% of that .001% who would in turn pirate and distribute the material from doing so.

It quite effectively renders directv2pc from working with a very large percentage of computers found in peoples homes, including many laptops. At least you can toss a $15 card in a desktop to solve the problem.

Taking my home as a snapshot...we have a desktop and four laptops, all bought in the last 2-3 years. The two laptops we bought in the last 12 months can run directv2pc with the video acceleration and with hdcp. The other two laptops cant. The desktop couldnt until I upgraded its video card.

I figured a Radeon 9600 would do the trick..Ah well I will wait till I can get a better card then.

Have you tried the latest ati catalyst drivers for it?

It may also be nothing with your 9600...should do hdcp with the new drivers...might be the connection between the 9600 and your screen. If its not HDMI or a DVI connection, directv2pc wont work.

Video no audio

I have downloaded and installed. The DVR is recognized and media listed. Both HD and Std play the video fine. The very first time I access after install the audio is played but after that the audio is not available. Is this a compliance issue?
Geforce 9500 GT video card and SoundMax audio.

Look in the windows control panel/sound and disable any digital audio out devices you see. See if that fixes it.

Also make sure you have the latest video and audio drivers.

Improvement

Recent beta versions worked OK for my Vista PC but I had problems with trick play pop-up banner not disappearing and occasional not starting due to incorrect stoppage of program.

This was the best uninstall and install yet and I could not duplicate the sticky playback banner by dragging the mouse cursor over a banner icon like before.

So far, I like this version better than the two most recent 5313 & 5514 beta releases.

Detfan - I run D2PC with a Geforce 8600 on one machine and a 9600 on another. The drivers work ok. It could be your monitor not supporting HDCP? What do you have and how is it hooked up?

i don't believe I have the gpu version - if i download that, will it automatically carry over my key or what?

NO, you'll need to re-enter the key. If you lost it, check back to your email or register for a new one.

Alright I have it set up. Is there a way to set up GPU decoding or is it all automatic?

Is D supporting this software yet? I haven't been able to get any release to work. I get the no recorded programs window.

Is D supporting this software yet? I haven't been able to get any release to work. I get the no recorded programs window.

They removed the Beta tag, but I don't know that there is much support for the free add-on software.

Jason,

I have a customer that wishes to display their DirecTV signal through a PC. They do NOT wish to record TV, but rather have live TV displayed within digital signage software they are running. I CAN accomplish this with a capture card using the S-Video out or Composite Video out on their DirecTV HD Receiver, however they wish to have the output captured in HD. Would this new DirecTV2PC be their only option? What capture card would you recommend for this?

Thank you,

Derrick

Derrick - DirecTV2PC only does viewing of recorded programs.

If someone wants to record HD to their computer from DirecTV, best option I've seen is the Hauppauge 1212 PVR. It will caputre video from component output.

Not many other options if they want HD.

Capture DirecTV

Derrick - DirecTV2PC only does viewing of recorded programs.

If someone wants to record HD to their computer from DirecTV, best option I've seen is the Hauppauge 1212 PVR. It will caputre video from component output.

Not many other options if they want HD.

Thanks, Jason. They only require live TV; no need for recording, but I understand that both functions require a capture device regardless.

I downloaded and installed the DirecTV2PC app last night, but quickly realized what a waste it was for my setup, because my PC displays on the same Samsung DLP as my HD-DVR receiver! I have other PCs around my house on my network, but no one in house watches any TV on their PCs, so its not very useful to us. I wish I could do things like manage and schedule recordings via the PC. The DirecTV web site is way too clunky for scheduling.

Thanks again for the advice! You're OK for a Michigan fan!

(Go Bucks! ;))

Derrick

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)