DirecTV 2 PC Version 5628 Software Information

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Can anyone tell me how to do a complete uninstall? Just a control panel uninstall doesn't get rid of codecs etc.

thanks

I finally received a Key from D* last night and I am now up and running this latest beta. Everything is working fine except I notice some blockiness on peaoples faces. I guess blockiness is the right term for what I am seeing, you can tell the picture is just not right. This was on a recording of the ALMS race from Mosport. The picture of the race itself is great but when they go to interviews in the pits is when you can see it. My system runs Blue ray just fine and consists of a QX 9650 running at 4.08ghz with 2x HD 4870's in Crossfire through a 24" lcd. I am going to update the video driver to the latest tonight but is there something else I am missing to clear the picture up?

Reinstall of Direct2Pc

I wasn't sure if this is the place to post but since this was a discusion for Direct2PC, I thought I would post my question here. I had to reinstall the OS on my computer and when I try to reinstall Direct2PC it complains that the activation code is already in use and I can't request any more because I get the error that I have exceeeded my requests. Is there an easy way to reinstall this software? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sign up for a free email at hotmail, gmail or wherever, then use that when requesting another serial number.

HDCP

I have been running an older version of the software on my pc that is hooked up to a CRT monitor using VGA. Does the new version break this so I have to use a DVI connection?

You'll have to try it. The original "cpu only, no gpu support" version worked for me from my laptop with either the internal screen or via vga to a monitor. A subsquent release that supported the gpu (but not this most recent one) didnt work with either the internal screen or the external, giving the error that it couldnt prevent screen capture. I have the latest version working on a desktop hooked up with hdmi to a television.

My guess is that it wont work since VGA doesnt support hdcp. Keep a copy of the old software around and your serial #. If it doesnt work, uninstall the new and reinstall the old.

good day, i am currently using a geforce 8600 video card with a dvi connection on a samsung syncmaster 2220 monitor. i had the original beta installed but uninstalled and installed the newer version. i am having the same problem with both versions, heavy pixelization. i will have a clear picture for milliseconds and then it pixelates. how do i stablize the software to watch a clear picture. any suggestions are welcomed. thanx from a newbie.:rant:

are you running the latest drivers for the 8600? What does the rest of your system look like?

yes, just installed the new drivers this AM, i think the problem is with standard def programming. i just viewed a program in high def and it was ok but a little choppy when the scene shifted. how do you view non-hidef content since not all channels are offered in high def? thank for the quick reply.

There is a newer version in a thread stickied at the top of our directv forum, you may want to try that one in case any imrpvoements were made.

There is a newer version in a thread stickied at the top of our directv forum, you may want to try that one in case any imrpvoements were made.

i am using the version listed on this website, video card over processor. my system is an hr21 dvr conected to network via actiontec mega plug 85mps ethernet adapter using an at&t 2wire modem/router. dvr on the 1st floor, router on 2nd floor. the system works fine in reverse when i download on demand, no problems there. thanks for all your help.
does the system show standard def or is it only capable of showing hi-def??

Upgrade processor?

The directv 2pc advisor recommends that I upgrade my processor even though it is listed in the recommended section. It is an intel dual core 6700 @ 2.66 - confirmed by an intel utility to be operating as such. Is there a way to bypass the system checker and continue with the installation?

The PC advisor doesnt prohibit installation. Your processor is fine, the utility is just outdated and doesnt recognize it.

Carry on, you should be more than fine provided your graphics are good enough to play the video.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts