DIRECTV Adds 23 More HD Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
will some mod merge this with the thread i started at 7 am this morning or delete my thread all together since no body bothered to post in the darn thing. next time, guys even if i have to get up early, i'm not going to tell you squat.
pardon my mood, but sometimes i wish people would pay attention in here.......rant over!

will some mod merge this with the thread i started at 7 am this morning or delete my thread all together since no body bothered to post in the darn thing. next time, guys even if i have to get up early, i'm not going to tell you squat.
pardon my mood, but sometimes i wish people would pay attention in here.......rant over!
geez ice, whats the problem? If its because nobody posted in your thread, get over it. I appreciate the info, but chill:p If its bad news from where you went, then my sympathies

Third oldest profession

lol. D* honestly may not like me... i photocopied all the false advertising regarding MSGHD and FSNNYHD (flyer in the mail, directv.com program guide, directv.com scrolling channel logos and a best buy advertisement) and attached it to a letter to the office of the president letting them know that i didn't appreciate having these advertisements rubbed in my face when they don't even offer the channels.

Like I have mentioned before in another thread; “(False, Inaccurate, Misleading) Advertising” is the third oldest profession, with politics taking second place. It is part of life. :)

What I'm saying is these should not be called HD and 'trick" consumers who are looking for a provider and not alot of kowledge of HD into thinking D* is the "leader" in HD.
I just don't think it's right.

They are the leader just about any way you slice it, even if you take out a few of these new channels that are mostly (or all) non-HD.

Unfortunately, DirecTV and Dish both spew plenty of marketing garbage sure to confuse anyone who doesn't know what they're doing and take time to do proper research. Throw the cable companies in there, too - I looked at a website for one of them a while back and it claimed the "biggest, best, lineup of HD channels around." Know how many channels they had? 12.

There's no cure for stupidity.

No 5.1 DD for Spike TV. It would have been nice to enjoy CSI reruns with 5.1 SS>C'est la vie!

Last edited:
I say that the upconverted HD content has to be much better than the standard SD content any day.

What difference does it make if DirecTv upconverts it or if the program channel does it? Either way its going to get upconverted since most of the content was not created originally in HD.

I say that the upconverted HD content has to be much better than the standard SD content any day.

What difference does it make if DirecTv upconverts it or if the program channel does it? Either way its going to get upconverted since most of the content was not created originally in HD.

as a few other have also stated... this is sooooo true. with the exception of a couple channels, we don't dont watch SD channels at al anymore. I think of it as an upconverted DVD - correct its not true HD. BUT its light years better then SD and even HD-Lite IMHO.

just my 2 cents

John

Oh my goodness. Did they really launch all those RSNs? I thought they were running out of space.

I'd already resigned myself to only getting a few more NBA games in HD this year, but if that list is real ... wow man, time to swap out the downstairs tivo and get another hr20.

Hmmmm, just checked and FSN Bay Area isn't in HD down here in LA. Are these new RSNs not national channels? Errr, I mean, I know they're game-only, but there was a Warriors Pistons game so ... Hmm, I wonder if it's something dumb like the SD game was the Pistons broadcast so they didn't do the HD from bay area.

i'm finding some of those rsn game only channels, you have to manually enter the channel number to get it. i had to do that with sun sports last night to watch the magic-cavs game.

as i check my guide for hdtv channels, not all of those rsn's are listed, hence the need to manually input the numbers.

maybe, this helps?

the rsn game only channels are not 24/7 but they are all being broadcast from directv 10 now and not spot beamed.

So to me it's all a hoax...............calling these "HD" channels HD is a joke. NO HD content on half the channels D* has launched since Oct.
We now have 50" screens with a 25" picture.
What the hell good is that
You Charlie viewers, I wouldn't jump ship just yet

I doesn't matter which provider carries a specific channel, the result will be the same!

Very true! Also they are broadcast in either 720P or 1080i which makes them HD! Just no 16x9.

Well, let's not get carried away here... just because they have 1080 or 720 lines of resolution doesn't make them HD. Upconvert looks much better, but it's still upconvert...

Got my direct tv up and running two days ago. Great, don't know why I waited so long to dump Dish and best of all, I got to dump All American Direct and get my distant networks in HD at half the costs. Rufus of WV

I am just glad Directv added these channels now, much rather have HD channel with no HD content than see HD content but no HD channel IMO

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)