DIRECTV Announces New HD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The video clip of the 1989 20/20 show talking about HDTV was a very interesting.
Guess we can thank Japan for starting research and development back in 1964. I also found at the end of the clip where HBO said it could start broadcasting in HD now but nobody had HD TV's interesting since still today D* only offers limited HBO in HD.

This is DirecTV's fault. All 26 HBO/MAX channels have been available in HD for the last few years. FIOS has them all. Many cable companies have most of the eastern feeds and probably the western feeds out west.

Don't be fooled people. It is not these HD channels don't exist! You can blame capacity with DirecTV, you can blame negotiations for DirecTV to carry them, but you cannot deny that all 26 HBO/MAX channels are available in HD for any provider to carry.

Believing they would have the most HD, I signed up for DirecTV.
It would appear that you bet on the wrong horse whether they duped you or not. Even if DIRECTV had added all 11 HD Movie channels, they wouldn't have lead the non-PPV movie race.

It would appear that you bet on the wrong horse whether they duped you or not. Even if DIRECTV had added all 11 HD Movie channels, they wouldn't have lead the non-PPV movie race.

Actually, if DirecTV did what they said they would do at the time, they would have been the HD leader of movies for a little while. Remember, no other provider at that time had those channels. Most cable providers just had the flagships of HBO/MAX/SHO, etc... FIOS only had the flagships as well. Dish would have had less, so yeah, DirecTV would have been the leader. So if you want to say I bet on the wrong horse for believing DirecTV, fine, put it that way. If I see a TV commercial that says a large pizza for $10 and I go to pick it up at Pizza Hut and they tell me it is $13, did I bet on the wrong horse too? Falling for tricky business deception is "betting on the wrong horse?" It is called believing something you are told. There was no reason at the time to think D* was LYING. Just like none of us think they are lying right now about this new HD. I expect new HD in May or June... I am not going to "bet on the wrong horse" again because I am not adding any new hardware to force a 2 year contract. I have an out if they are lying or wrong, but I don't expect that again.

DIRECTV, for whatever reason has not lead. DIRECTV has also missed more than its share of deadlines (it has a lot in common with TiVo in this respect).

You read the DIRECTV Marketing version of the racing form and the information turned out to be false. I'm not suggesting that you're overly gullible or that DIRECTV marketing is a bunch of crooks (although they're often writing deadlines that the rest of DIRECTV can't make), but all things considered, they've not met your expectations.

As time goes on, everyone seems to be getting worse about stretching the truth (or just plain making stuff up). Press releases need to be taken with a truckload of salt.

That goes back to the guy above and the fact that directv is spending so much on the d12 ad campaign.

I grow tired of people acting like everyone is ignorant... I always find these types are the real ignorant ones.

Once again, do either of you have any valid proof on your statisics besides that you narcissitic fools made up something?

You're an angry fellow, aren't you? I thought this board has always been a pleasant place to be compared with most others. Please check your attitude at the door and keep this place friendly.

You're an angry fellow, aren't you? I thought this board has always been a pleasant place to be compared with most others. Please check your attitude at the door and keep this place friendly.

I didn't realize that being pleasant means treating your fellow 'peons' like a bunch of ignorant sheep. I guess If I go around making assumptions (or making up BS facts) I can stop being angry?

I didn't realize that being pleasant means treating your fellow 'peons' like a bunch of ignorant sheep. I guess If I go around making assumptions (or making up BS facts) I can stop being angry?

I don't think that's his point. Your posts sometimes have an attitude about them that isn't necessary. We try to be friendly and helpful here, even to those that aren't as knowledgeable as the "veterans".

So, about that new HD. Good news huh?

Very good news. I'm gonna stop going off topic. If any of you have an issue with my 'attitude', pm me. Only one thing, if you want to be 'helpful', try leaving out your ignorant attitude about humanity and talk about satellites.

Because that is the forum you are on, remember?

Very good news. I'm gonna stop going off topic. If any of you have an issue with my 'attitude', pm me. Only one thing, if you want to be 'helpful', try leaving out your ignorant attitude about humanity and talk about satellites.

Because that is the forum you are on, remember?

This is exactly what I was talking about.

Wait until he finds out that most of the 'facts' out there arent particularly factual or are taken so out of context that they're meaningless.

Then he'll be really mad.

Ha ha ha, agreed, I had to double check and make sure I was at the right site? I was startin' to look for Sixto here??????

Directv said they will deliver 30 hd channels, they will. Not as easy as some people think. They can't make everyone happy. You give them time they will have some hd for everyone.

Well first week of may is basically done.

You guys wanna guess which of the remaining weeks we start seeing some new channels?
Many have already guessed the week of the 19th. Agree?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)