DirecTV Announces Next 24 Markets to Receive HD Locals!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
af1964

Yes, the 5 lnb dish will be installed with the H20 receiver...right now there are lip sync problems on the local HD stations and DTV is supposedly trying to correct this problem...

cmoss5 said:
Yes, the 5 lnb dish will be installed with the H20 receiver...right now there are lip sync problems on the local HD stations and DTV is supposedly trying to correct this problem...

Might be the reason for the slow go. Better to get it right before compounding the issue with more markets.

lip sync fixed.

cmoss5 said:

firmware update fixes the lip sync issue yo. We are having a small problem with Fox affiliates using 192k audio instead of 384k, but it's mostly affecting our monitoring.
Almost every H20 out of the box currently must have it's firware updated to work properly.

I currently have a Sony SAT HD-300 in our main viewing room and recently purchased an H20 when I bought a new Sony Brvia HD Tv for the bedroom. I REALLY prefer the Sony channel listing. It's a whole heck of a lot faster than the H20's. I was wondering, are there other DTV HD recievers out there that I could upgrade to when I'm ready to replace my Sony HD-300? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

April 19th is almost here....finally directv should be turning on local hd in some cities in the current group nearly 2 months after the last press release.

Seriously, do you work for directv? They are not launching enough cities this month to stay on pace to get this group done by mid june, which means it will take a miracle to get 70 something percent done by years end.

I just hope that they get my DMA (Grand Rapids/Kalamazoo), before this fall. I want to watch Football and Basketball on CBS, and I cannot pull in that channels signal over the air.

It is ticking me off though, that we are right on the edge of that cut off line at #39. But they are also seemingly making exceptions so that other DMA's at higher numbers are getting in before us.

Phoenix ---------May 2006
it maybe the end of may when Hd Locals are on
i think i'll go back to the 3 LNBs dish and throw away the five 5Lnb Dish

Huh?? Numerous posts claim May 2006 for Phoenix...hell, even one of YOUR posts say that...where are you getting "end of the year"? DirecTV's on track, for rolling out more HD LiL's every day...especially with Spaceway 2 becoming active recently.

While time will tell is directv is truly on track, they are going to have to have more go live in the next 2 months than they are this month to do so (they haven't done any in a while we will see what happens this week), if phoenix doesn't go live by the end of the year, directv has serious problems in meeting their 70 percent of american households goal by years end.

I believe that is what directv projected in an earlier press release- I forget the exact number, 72 percent or something of american households were supposed to have hd locals available by 2007. Going by their current rollout plan and the dma coverage, that is possible, if they do the 20 something in the current group by about mid June and the next 25 or 30 so in the 3 months following that and one more group by years end.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)