Directv contract with Fox networks coming up...AGREEMENT REACHED

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You can't deny Direct has a better record than Dish at resolving these disputes either before removals, or shortly after. That said however, I might worry if I was a Direct Subscriber because I don't know if I remember Direct being this aggressive and outward about it. Might mean they are far apart. FWIW, just as I do with Dish, unless I get information to contrary, I side with Direct. Don't overpay.

storey13 said:
How will this effect NHL Center Ice subscribers? I live in Chicago, but am a St. Louis Blues follower. Will I still get FSMW feed via the NHL Center Ice channel or does that go away as well? I haven't signed up yet, but I was going to after the free trial runs out this weekend.

This is my biggest fear (aside from losing sons of anarchy on fx) ill still see my games, sabres on msg, but most of the other teams are on fox sports channels. They better be prepared to give out refunds

How will this effect NHL Center Ice subscribers? I live in Chicago, but am a St. Louis Blues follower. Will I still get FSMW feed via the NHL Center Ice channel or does that go away as well? I haven't signed up yet, but I was going to after the free trial runs out this weekend.
If they lose direct broadcast access, you'll probably still get the games, but via the league-provided standard def feeds.

Fox scored the world cup from espn. I wonder if this has anything to do with it! Maybe fox is asking more because of this? Only speculation and nothing official!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I would miss the Red Wings on Fox Sports Detroit, but that would be it...

I don't see it being shut down, still a longtime to go before they need to come to an agreement.

Just saw this one Fox's Keep My Nets site. :eek:

Plus, soon, could lose the following local FOX stations:

• Atlanta : WAGA – FOX 5
  • Austin : KTVC – FOX 7
  • Dallas : KDFW – FOX 4, My Network TV KDFI – 27
  • Detroit : WJBK – FOX 2
  • Gainesville : WOGX – FOX 51
  • Houston : KRIV – FOX 26, My Network TV KTXH – 27
  • Los Angeles : KTTV – FOX 11, My Network TV KCOP – 13
  • Memphis : WHBQ – FOX 13
  • Minneapolis : KMSP – FOX 9, My Network TV WFTC – FOX 29
  • Orlando : WOFL – FOX 35, My Network TV WRVW – 65
  • Phoenix : KSAZ – FOX 10, My Network TV KUTP – FOX 45
  • Tampa : WTVT – FOX 13
FAQ | KeepMyNets.com

D* always cries like a little baby if they don't get their way. So sick of them. To bad Charter sucks more

I thought Directv and Fox both were owned by Rupert Murdoch? Doesn't Directv own's Starz also? If they are under the same roof wouldn't be easier to work out a deal.

Dan Rose

I am on Directv's side. Fox is just being greedy
I'm not on either side because I do not know the details. I don't like accusing any one or any company of being greedy. Making a profit is the main purpose of any company. I will not call it greed when they are simply doing their job to negotiate the best possible deal for themselves. One can easily call DirecTV greedy for doing the same (trying to pay the least amount possible).

I do have a clue. D* has always tried to run the show, guess what, not anymore. Hope they do get droped and droves of people leave for other providers. If not for my DNS I would've been gone long ago. I don't see the big deal anyway, their gonna send us the bill for it so just do it!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)