Minneapolis : KMSP – FOX 9, My Network TV WFTC – FOX 29
New York WNYW – FOX 5
New York My Network TV WWOR – 9
Orlando : WOFL – FOX 35, My Network TV WRVW – 65
Phoenix : KSAZ – FOX 10, My Network TV KUTP – FOX 45
Tampa : WTVT – FOX 13
Washington D.C. WTTG – FOX 5
Washington D.C. My Network TV WDCA – 20

The locals are probably on a different contract that expires a little later. Just like the dish-FOX dispute last year, the RSNs and FX were on Oct.1 while the locals we're a month later on Nov 1st. Luckily dish got a deal done before that Nov 1st deadline last year.

You would think that intelligent human beings would be able to say..."Look, you're here and we're there. We both know that we're going to end up at a mid point between those positions. Let's cut to the chase." :)

Tell that to the NBA millionaires...

I am on Directv's side. Fox is just being greedy

I'm on MY side -- and the side of the millions of D* subscribers. If it wasn't for us, the product would be worthless if no one bought it. It's about time both sides showed us some respect and quit treating us like pawns in their little chess game. But I do agree -- Fox is greedy (40% increase). Did anyone remind them that the economy is going to hell? That kind of increase could lose D* a lot of subscribers and the 40% increase could turn into a loss for both Fox and D*.....

I'm on MY side -- and the side of the millions of D* subscribers. If it wasn't for us, the product would be worthless if no one bought it. It's about time both sides showed us some respect and quit treating us like pawns in their little chess game. But I do agree -- Fox is greedy (40% increase). Did anyone remind them that the economy is going to hell? That kind of increase could lose D* a lot of subscribers and the 40% increase could turn into a loss for both Fox and D*.....

Outside of Sporting events I don't watch FOX at all....

I do have a clue. D* has always tried to run the show, guess what, not anymore. Hope they do get droped and droves of people leave for other providers. If not for my DNS I would've been gone long ago. I don't see the big deal anyway, their gonna send us the bill for it so just do it!

No, you obviously don't have ANY clue. What they're doing is called standing up for the customer. Rather than bending over like all the other providers did, they're willing to fight Fox. DIRECTV is threatening FOX to pull the feeds. Unlike Dish and Comcast and TWC and Cablevision where FOX pulled the feeds and held them hostage until the providers agreed to their exorbitant increases.

So what is this "DNS" that allegedly has you chained to a provider that you hate oh so much, troll?

yep, he's from Jersey. D* will end up paying, no way they can lose all those channels, so like I said, just do it and send us the bill like they always do. Every Feburary whether we get anything new or not.

yep, he's from Jersey. D* will end up paying, no way they can lose all those channels, so like I said, just do it and send us the bill like they always do. Every Feburary whether we get anything new or not.

That would be like EVERY other company in the country as well.
Cost of doing business goes up every year.
All the Cable cos and Sat companies have an annual price increase.

OTA is STILL FREE, incase your interested.

Like I said, get a clue. You never answered me, what has you shackled to D* that you can't drop them and go somewhere else, troll? You're so unhappy with them, grow a pair and cancel. Don't sit there and whine about it and try to claim you have any idea what you're talking about.

I've been a member here since 04 so suck it. U must be Hooiser205, go back to dbstalk where u belong.

Whatever the case, I am staying with Direct TV. No way in hell would we EVER go to Dish. Historically Direct has not dropped channels at a whim like Dish does. Cable is not an option as we would spend even more and get less channels than we do now. I am confident that everything will be worked out, although we could lose a couple of channels for a few days....we will get them back.

That would be like EVERY other company in the country as well.
Cost of doing business goes up every year.
All the Cable cos and Sat companies have an annual price increase.

OTA is STILL FREE, incase your interested.

You don't watch Fox as you say, yet anyone not on the side of Directv on this issue you have bashed..Such a familiar thing with you. Hell according to you Dish people cannot come here and say anything either. How about you leave? You don't watch these channels anyway. Right?

Like I said, get a clue. You never answered me, what has you shackled to D* that you can't drop them and go somewhere else, troll? You're so unhappy with them, grow a pair and cancel. Don't sit there and whine about it and try to claim you have any idea what you're talking about.

Yet another D* Apologist. Why do people who disagree with a company have to drop them? It would be nice to have that option, but most of us are under contract and cannot do that. How about they let us out of that contract when they drop all those channels we pay for? Is our price going to drop when they drop those channels? Nope!!! Grow up!! People are allowed to have an opinion that does not match yours, and shouldn't have to be told to go away or anything else. Why dont you go away?

You don't watch Fox as you say, yet anyone not on the side of Directv on this issue you have bashed..Such a familiar thing with you. Hell according to you Dish people cannot come here and say anything either. How about you leave? You don't watch these channels anyway. Right?

Did I say they couldn't come over here ? NO

I said Don't come over here to BITCH about D* if you don't have it.

I have no right to go over to the Dish side of things and BASH them, if I don't have thier service, and I DON'T.
However it happens quite often that DISH guys will come to this side and BITCH about D* ...

WHY is that ?

Btw, WHERE have I BASHED anyone about the FOX issue ?

Yet another D* Apologist. Why do people who disagree with a company have to drop them? It would be nice to have that option, but most of us are under contract and cannot do that. How about they let us out of that contract when they drop all those channels we pay for? Is our price going to drop when they drop those channels? Nope!!! Grow up!! People are allowed to have an opinion that does not match yours, and shouldn't have to be told to go away or anything else. Why dont you go away?

You KNOW when you sign up that there is a 2 years commitment ... can't handle that, Don't sign up.

IF you want out, it's actually EASY, call and say CANCEL, pay the ETF that was agreed apon when you signed up and be on your way.

I know we are all passionate about this. Let's just see what nov 1st brings, while I think it will be resolved. I does seem looking at the websites. Direct is serious about pulling?

I think the way it will play out is that D* will pull them for a short bit, the pricing offers will fly fast and furious, and a few days later, D* will pay more but less than Fox wanted, both will bray about how they 'held the line' and the channels will be back.

Basically that is the way it has been playing out all this year for everyone but D*. Now it is D*'s turn...
frown.gif

In then end, we'll have our Fox channels we want, and our bill will increase maybe a bit more next year than it would have anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts