Directv contract with Fox networks coming up...AGREEMENT REACHED

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Only ones on this list I watch are FX and Speed, and they are currently available "elsewhere" in HD for free at the moment.

My minds been made up already, I will not be missing ONE episode of American Horror Story...So, it's up to DIRECTV I guess. I have zero problem switching to DISH, or COMCAST for that matter.

joehandy2 said:
My minds been made up already, I will not be missing ONE episode of American Horror Story...So, it's up to DIRECTV I guess. I have zero problem switching to DISH, or COMCAST for that matter.
Fantastic. In the end it's all about choices. Fox will make theirs. Direct will make theirs. Customers will do what they do. I don't think any Fox will be dropped for whatever reason.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

There is no NBA thus no sports other than Hockey...now is the time for a dispuite

Saw this in a LA Times Article today.
But money is only part of what this battle is about. DirecTV is also resisting having to carry channels like National Geographic, Fuel and Speed just to get the more popular networks such as FX. Last month, DirecTV and Time Warner Cable both complained to the Federal Communications Commission about the practice, which is known in the industry as bundling.
DirecTV Executive Vice President Derek Chang said the company was not against rate increases for channels that were worthy of them. However, he said News Corp. was unwilling to seriously discuss selling its networks on an individual basis.
News Corp. and DirecTV divided over bundling - latimes.com

Greedy Networks.. These Network never can get enough and at the end of the day the way things are going that paper in the bank will be worth nothing..

I am surprised that some have missed what is special about DirecTV pulling things Nov1. Yes, it puts them in control, but what about that puts them in control? The point in time on the calendar is the key. November sweeps begin October 27 and run through November 23, 2011. I am sure DirecTV is banking on the idea that Fox would prefer not to loose so much viewership during a key ratings period.

True, but sweeps usually effect just the big four networks. Since the local FOX stations aren't affected in this dispute (at least not yet) I don't think Fox wouldn't mind as much if their cable channels got removed if that was the reasoning.

Watching the wings game and seeing the crawl at the bottom of the screen about the fox issue is getting annoying

For some reason my sports pack was removed yesterday when I called about NHL CI....oh well guess I'll wait til next week to add it again. Nothing this week looks good enough to add it right now

I guess I don't care if these channels go for a little after being with Dish for over four years you learn to ride this out. Mostly why I don't care is I think Fox knows it needs Directv and two my local RSN (Root Sports) is owned by Directv so until Directv has a dispute with their selfs or they sell root sports I'm good.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

DIRECTV just sent the following email out to its retailers...

Attention Dealer Partners:

DIRECTV’s agreement with News Corp/Fox for some of their cable networks is expiring.

Local FOX stations and Fox news are unaffected.

We know the current negotiation involving News Corp (the company that owns FOX) is on everyone’s mind. If a new deal is not reached, we will be forced to suspend the
channels as early as November 1.

Rest assured, we are taking this situation very seriously and making every attempt to find a resolution that won’t increase what our loyal customers pay for their DIRECTV service.

Despite what they may have already heard, customers should not believe the hype because it is simply not true.

HERE ARE THE FACTS:
  • DIRECTV has an excellent track record of resolving issues like these without affecting customers.
    • Outrageous programmer demands are something every TV provider must address
  • News Corp is demanding a 40% increase for the same networks you enjoy today
    • You would never accept a 40% increase in your monthly bill in any economy, let alone this one. It’s simply outrageous.
  • DIRECTV already provides News Corp nearly a billion dollars a year for their channels
    • If we don’t take a stand now, your monthly bill will increase substantially

It is extremely important to let customers know their local FOX station and Fox News will not be affected and they will continue to see their favorite shows like Glee, American Idol and

NFL football.

If customers have questions or would like more information, please direct them to http://www.ourpromisetoyou.com.

DIRECTV hopes to resolve this matter quickly. If News Corp would simply recalibrate their rate demands to something reasonable, we could quickly come to a resolution.

We appreciate your understanding, patience and support as we continue to negotiate on everyone’s behalf.

If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to your ASM or your distributor partner.

Mike Wittrock
Senior Vice President, Sales

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)