Directv contract with Fox networks coming up...AGREEMENT REACHED

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I say Netflix 'em. I WAS a NetFlix stockholder and subscriber. When they announced their 60% price increase I sold my stock and canceled my service on principle. I, and thousands others, sent a message to Reed Hastings of NetFlix. We need to send a message to the likes of Fox's billionaire Rupert Murdock and his phone-tappers too. He needs us more than we need him.

I am doing just fine without Hastings and I'll do fine without Murdock.

Was watching the World Series last night for acouple of minutes, anyone else see the Directv sponsored Home run Cam? Thought that was pretty funny seeing how it was on Fox.

Then during Always Sunny we had the scrolling message battle. Directv puts up a scrolling message and then FX puts up one above it.

But from what I have seen Directv's message is getting over better than News Corp, just for the fact that there is history with News Corp doing this with other service providers. Even with them having each of the FX shows producers this week having messages about those shows getting pulled.

I think its wrong we have to pay for our locals when we get them free ota and our locals should be paying cable and satellite to be on the air of be free :)

JerseyMatt said:
How many times does it have to be said?

LOCAL FOX NETWORKS ARE NOT AFFECTED. THE LIST OF CHANNELS (POTENTIALLY) AFFECTED HAS BEEN POSTED NUMEROUS TIMES.

IT IS CERTAIN FOX RSN'S (THAT'S REGIONAL SPORTS NETWORKS), FX, AND SPEED CHANNEL. THAT'S IT.

Isn't true that FNC,FBN are up soon. January I think.

Ok so lets say this does happen, and these channels are indeed pulled from us. I get NHL Center Ice for Red Wings games as I am out of market, what are the odds I have any chance of getting my money back? I don't care about the other games for other teams. I paid for HD Red Wings games, not SD, and not games for other teams. Hate to be out $160 for something out of my control.

I just love how there are all these "the sky is falling oh my god" posts....especially the one about the new show on fx in 2012...

seriously folks if they are pulled I say within a week they will be back. No way in hell the two sides let it go longer than that. They both need each other :)

Its been posted a few times...worry Monday night...enjoy it now :)

Iceberg said:
seriously folks if they are pulled I say within a week they will be back. No way in hell the two sides let it go longer than that. They both need each other :)

Its been posted a few times...worry Monday night...enjoy it now :)

Probably would not be a concern but we all know how long Disney and Dish have been going at it.
I'm sure someone over on the Dish Forum said the same thing. "won't last long, they both need.......".

From reports. Direct and Fox are not even close to being on the same page.

Probably would not be a concern but we all know how long Disney and Dish have been going at it.
I'm sure someone over on the Dish Forum said the same thing. "won't last long, they both need.......".

totally different issue. Dish folks still have the SD version of the 4 channels in question...we'd lose both feeds (SD & HD)
Dish one is due to Disney double billing folks (once for SD and once for HD)

tigerfan33 said:

From reports. Direct and Fox are not even close to being on the same page.

True, but it's sort of a different situation. We at least get Disney in SD. If it was completely pulled, I believe that there would be more urgency over the dispute.

mbarry55 said:
Ok so lets say this does happen, and these channels are indeed pulled from us. I get NHL Center Ice for Red Wings games as I am out of market, what are the odds I have any chance of getting my money back? I don't care about the other games for other teams. I paid for HD Red Wings games, not SD, and not games for other teams. Hate to be out $160 for something out of my control.

None, you can watch the game in SD as CI provides the SD feed. DirecTV is only responsible for HD. You can also watch the Red Wings on the opponent's HD feed, provided they're not an FSN that's also part of the dispute. Only Red Wings fans affected are those in the market, where CI broadcasts will be blacked out.

actually both feeds will be blacked out on NHL CI. During the freeview I tried to watch the opponents feed of the Wild game (my local team)
blacked out

Don't care if D* drop them, I got Netflix and Hulu Plus. I don't like their ways of doing business, bottom line we are the one paying for their crap.

SPEED is now having a video with Steve Byrnes(FOX/SPEED Reporter) saying DirecTV is dropping them on 11/1 and tells them to go check online for other provider. Then he says how viewers will miss SPEED's coverage of the final 3 NASCAR events.

NASCAR Driver Landon Cassill saw that and on twitter wrote he just got rid of his DirecTV account due to them dropping SPEED. NASCAR Champion Kevin Harvick said the DirecTV/NewsCorp stuff is BS :D

Just hope they work it out and that I still am able to see SPEED on DirecTV. I watch SPEED everyday and on the weekends 16+ hrs with NASCAR & F1. I already have to go next door to my neighbors house to see Attack of The Show on G4 every day would hate to have to do that for SPEED. I love DirecTV and hope DirecTV stays firm and comes out :)

And is'nt it funny DirecTV is the official sponsor for COPS on FOX, and in 2008 DirecTV sponsored Indycar and in 2009 DirecTV viewers could not see Indycar on Versus do to that fight. If DirecTV & newscorp keep fighting and cant make a deal I hope & pray its not as long as the DirecTV/Versus stuff

this might be a stupid question, once Sunday Ticket is over would Fox pull everything from Directv? i know Fox is pulling the main Fox channel in some city, can they pull the main channel in all city?

this might be a stupid question, once Sunday Ticket is over would Fox pull everything from Directv? i know Fox is pulling the main Fox channel in some city, can they pull the main channel in all city?

I guess people didnt see the 1st 6 times it was posted

LOCAL CHANNELS AND FOX NEWS ARE NOT PART OF THIS AGREEMENT! THEY WILL NOT GET PULLED 11/1

edit: goddamn I was right...it has been posted 6 times previously...post #1 had the original
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...tract-fox-networks-coming-up.html#post2673467
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...act-fox-networks-coming-up-6.html#post2676044
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...act-fox-networks-coming-up-6.html#post2676105
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...act-fox-networks-coming-up-6.html#post2676435
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...act-fox-networks-coming-up-7.html#post2678106
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...act-fox-networks-coming-up-9.html#post2680353

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)