DirecTV could lose G4 (Removed 11-1)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
From what I hear Olivia leaving the show. On to some regular network primetime tv show.
she was the only good thing on that network :D. my wife like ninja warrior so she'll miss the channel a little bit. i wont.....................

Way back in the day with the bud we never had contract disputes. We bought what we wanted directly from the programmers. That was the best thing since WE controlled it, not some greedy corporate honchos that only care about the bottom line. We'll in this instance with G4 the bud is still king. It started out as ZDTV and was great. Back then the only place you could get it was the bud. Now that Comcast owns it beside the programming sucks they are in power. Isn't Verses also owned by Comcast? I get a feeling that Comcast and DirecTV don't have a good working relationship. In a way I'm glad HITS on W5 is owned by Comcast if I need a channel Direct can't supply that is Comcast owned I can always subscribe there.

she was the only good thing on that network :D. my wife like ninja warrior so she'll miss the channel a little bit. i wont.....................

Customer just tried extorting money out of me over G4 issue I told him sorry and he wanted to cancel I said ok your canceled you get boxes in the mail in 2 to 5 days to return the equipment customer changed his tune real fast.

i only watched G4 for X-Play, AOTS, and the annual E3 coverage and every year i always pray for a HD upgrade. I feel really disappointed in D* right about now. I figured they were way above E* and willing to negotiate with their providers but now im really losing faith. i hope my contract's up soon.

Oh my god! G4 is gone! What am I to do! I know...I'll start attacking everyone who says "good riddance" to G4!

oh wait.......I didnt even know what channel its on so obviously I am not missing it ;)

Heck Ice if you wanted to watch it you have the tools and the talent to get it on C band. :) I did watch part of a movie on G4 a week ago besides that I mostly browsed past it. Does anyone know the details of the shutdown? I'm sure it's over money. It's not a good thing though that we loose anything. Be it Verses, G4 or what. I still say the relationship with Comcast ain't all that hot. That could end up with loosing the Comcast sports nets. On the bud NPS had problem with Comcast, SRL never did.

Edit:
I dug up some press on it. Looks like it's gone for good on Direct:
http://news-briefs.ew.com/2010/11/01/directv-drops-g4/

oh I know...but I was just being funny :)
Some people were like that with the latest Dish Fiasco...

WOW!!! Had I not saw it being discussed here I would have never known it was being dropped... Only time I ever watched it was when they would do COPS reruns, but once you have seen one drunk man get arrested you pretty much seen them all... CC

I watch Web Soup on G4, but that's it. However, if I don't have G4 when new web soups come back on, I won't be that disappointed. Tosh.0 on Comedy Central is a better version of Web Soup.

Oh my god! G4 is gone! What am I to do! I know...I'll start attacking everyone who says "good riddance" to G4!

oh wait.......I didnt even know what channel its on so obviously I am not missing it ;)

G4 is basically Spike Jr.

Sorry you guys lost G4, not a great channel, mostly cops, and cheaters reruns but I record x-play at 6:30pm (yep it's still there) Thats one thing i liked about G4 they aired X-play & Attack of the Show right before Primetime TV

G4 stop claiming to be a video game network

I wish DirecTV still carried G4 -- I watched Attack of the Show.

But as everyone points out, G4 is not a video game or "video game lifestyle" network and they need to stop making that claim in press releases. They carry exactly one regular show about video games: X-Play Other networks carry just as much video game programming through various syndicated shows.

The rest of the channel is dominated by a sea of reruns of Cops, Cheaters, and syndicated movies available on any number of other networks. G4 isn't even willing to admit it's highest profile star -- Olivia Munn -- has left the network. Her old show, Attack of the Show, has been testing replacement hosts on a weekly basis for the past month or two.

It sucks that this battle of networks is going to continue as rivals like DirecTV and Comcast try to do business with each other with one hand while they are trying to choke each other to death with the other hand.

I watch Web Soup on G4, but that's it. However, if I don't have G4 when new web soups come back on, I won't be that disappointed. Tosh.0 on Comedy Central is a better version of Web Soup.
yikes..I can't STAND Tosh.0

Once again, good riddance to G4. You haven't been relevant in a decade :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts