Directv Customers Decrease

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't think AT&T sees having overlapping services as a problem. From their perspective better to have too many than not enough, which would leave cracks where customers won't fit. Once they have Directv over IP and AT&T Watch going (if isn't already?) they will have something for every customer - multiple somethings for some.

Obviously modern companies don't see this as an issue, or we wouldn't see a dozen different choices from Colgate and another dozen from Crest when shopping for toothpaste.
At least at the moment this is great for ATT, they hopefully will pair it down in a year or two once thongs shake out as far as whats being subbed to ... having all there options at the moment allows them to have something for everyone.

my problem with the NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA...COLLEGE FOOTBALL, COLLEGE BASKETBALL TO DAMN MANY COMERCIALS... ANY TIME THEY HAVE A COMERCIAL FOR AN INJURY.. THEY SHOULD GIVE THAT TIME BACK COMERCIAL FREE.

my problem with the NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA...COLLEGE FOOTBALL, COLLEGE BASKETBALL TO DAMN MANY COMERCIALS... ANY TIME THEY HAVE A COMERCIAL FOR AN INJURY.. THEY SHOULD GIVE THAT TIME BACK COMERCIAL FREE.

If they dropped one 'after score' or 'change of possession' timeout for every timeout they take for a instant replay review, or injury timeout, they'd probably shorten the games by 15-20 minutes. They say they know length of games is a problem and are trying to do something about it, well that's the easy way to do something about it. The teams don't need those timeouts, they were added for TV since otherwise they'd have to wait until a team took a timeout and hope each team used all 6 they got during the game!

From recent remarks by AT&T top brass, it definitely sounds like some changes are coming next year in terms of channel packages and pricing for some or all DirecTV-branded services. Certainly sounds like they are going to try to hold or reduce prices on DTV Now by reducing channels, saying customers want value-focused skinny bundles. Hulu is reportedly going to soon launch a skinny live TV package of just sports and news channels (probably also including locals for the big 4 networks). That kind of live content really covers why lots of folks today even bother with channel-based TV, since they mainly get their other stuff (entertainment series, docs, movies, kids shows, etc.) from on-demand streaming services. I wonder if we'll see AT&T offer a similar sports & news channel package (also including their own Turner channels, of course).

The shift of more and more viewer hours away from channel-based TV is obviously a big factor in the desire for skinnier, cheaper, more flexible channel bundles and that will ultimately impact not just these new OTT cable services but also traditional cable and satellite TV providers. Every major provider is going to have to offer smaller channel packages and that's going to mean more and more of those niche upper-tier channels will die out in the next few years. I guess you could call them victims of Netflix.

Slimming down DTV Now might help better differentiate it from the forthcoming higher-end streaming DTV service that they're internally testing now and plan to launch in 2019. Wouldn't surprise me if we see a re-jiggering of the packages for traditional DTV satellite at the same time that the new streaming service launches, especially if they intend to position it as being the same thing as the satellite service, only over the internet. However, it isn't clear that they will in fact position it that way. At any rate, they better make sure that their marketing messaging is clear because adding yet another service platform into the mix is only going to further confuse the public.

From recent remarks by AT&T top brass, it definitely sounds like some changes are coming next year in terms of channel packages and pricing for some or all DirecTV-branded services. Certainly sounds like they are going to try to hold or reduce prices on DTV Now by reducing channels, saying customers want value-focused skinny bundles. Hulu is reportedly going to soon launch a skinny live TV package of just sports and news channels (probably also including locals for the big 4 networks). That kind of live content really covers why lots of folks today even bother with channel-based TV, since they mainly get their other stuff (entertainment series, docs, movies, kids shows, etc.) from on-demand streaming services. I wonder if we'll see AT&T offer a similar sports & news channel package (also including their own Turner channels, of course).

The shift of more and more viewer hours away from channel-based TV is obviously a big factor in the desire for skinnier, cheaper, more flexible channel bundles and that will ultimately impact not just these new OTT cable services but also traditional cable and satellite TV providers. Every major provider is going to have to offer smaller channel packages and that's going to mean more and more of those niche upper-tier channels will die out in the next few years. I guess you could call them victims of Netflix.

Slimming down DTV Now might help better differentiate it from the forthcoming higher-end streaming DTV service that they're internally testing now and plan to launch in 2019. Wouldn't surprise me if we see a re-jiggering of the packages for traditional DTV satellite at the same time that the new streaming service launches, especially if they intend to position it as being the same thing as the satellite service, only over the internet. However, it isn't clear that they will in fact position it that way. At any rate, they better make sure that their marketing messaging is clear because adding yet another service platform into the mix is only going to further confuse the public.
Also, people better remember, if your using the service and you want to go camping or to the cottage or anywhere outside of your home, your gonna have to have the internet available to you ....
Yes, most people have a Cell phone, I would think that the majority are not unlimited service, how well does your streaming Live TV work when your at the cottage or camping when there is no internet available at the location ... Can you take a Cell phone and use that to send to an actual TV ... what does that do for your cell service and phones ability ?
I'm just curious ...
Can you be using your cell to provide TV and take calls and be on the internet at the same time ?

You probably wouldn't want to rely on a phone to provide TV because then that person has to be there whenever anyone wants to watch TV. You can buy a little mifi device pretty cheap that can stay there, but you'll need a separate plan for it. The big problem will be the amount of data this consumes, and the spotty reception in many areas people will camp.

For some people camping means roughing it in the woods in a tent and sleeping bag and bathing in a pond like the first explorers going west of the Mississippi did almost 200 years ago. For others it means bringing all the modern conveniences and sleeping in an air conditioned RV with a hot shower, which costs more than most houses.

Reactions: raoul5788 and Jimbo
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)