Directv dispute with Viacom IS OVER!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My internet provider "Charter Cable" offers EPIX as a STAND ALONE additional "premium" channel. I think it's $9.99/mo to add it, might be less, I don't remember.

dropping it is easy. When I did that back in May here is how it worked (I'm on Xtra Classic package)

called in (today was last day of free 3 months) and when it said "what would you like to do" I said "Cancel HD Extra Pack" and was cancelled. Never talked to anyone. Looked online and yep "free for 3 months" is back
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/277691-hd-extra-pack-confusion.html#post2857100

oh thanks for the heads up on that iceberg. def worth a shot then

He needs to be calling Viacom NOT DirecTV!!!

P.S. Put youtube links in VIDEO tags instead of URL tags.

Last edited by a moderator:
He needs to be calling Viacom NOT DirecTV!!!

P.S. Put youtube links in VIDEO tags instead of URL tags.

lmaooooo he has comcast but he needs to call Viacom not Directv if he had Directv I bet that was made by Viacom for an ad they will put out with alot of bleeps :D :)

dropping it is easy. When I did that back in May here is how it worked (I'm on Xtra Classic package)

It is extra easy when I am on the Iceberg drop/renew schedule as there is always a reminder. ;)

called in (today was last day of free 3 months) and when it said "what would you like to do" I said "Cancel HD Extra Pack" and was cancelled. Never talked to anyone. Looked online and yep "free for 3 months" is back

I called in and it was automated as well. I wonder if this is a side effect of the dispute (i.e. normally they want to talk to you to try and make you buy other things or keep the HD Extra Pack, but now it is all hands on deck dealing with the Viacom issue so they just gave in an automated this process.)

nah...when I cancelled it back in May it was all automated (so it was nice not having to talk to anyone).
Even better is the 3 months free thing right after I got off the phone

Ironically I havent added it back yet. The only reason I had it was for the replays of Raw and Smackdown. Now that I have a HR34 I dont have to worry about the 2 tuner limit on Friday nights ;)

Viacom Ratings Nosedive In First Week Of Dispute With DirecTV - Deadline.com

Word is that negotiations are still moving slowly. And that could mean Viacom’s in for a lot of pain based on Nielsen data from the first week in which its 17 channels were dark on DirecTV. The black out began on July 11, which means that Viacom networks didn’t have DirecTV’s 20M subscribers for five days in the week that ended July 15. During that week, there was a 27% drop in the total day live viewing for the target audiences of Viacom’s networks compared with the same period last year, according to a compilation of ratings data by Barclays Capital. The previous week the networks collectively were -14%. Those with the steepest year-over-year drops were Nick at Nite (-48.1%), Nickelodeon (-45.0%), VH1 Classic (-35.3%), Nick Toons (-34.8%), and CMT (-32.0%). Viacom’s more resilient channels were VH1 (-1.3%), Teen Nick (-2.5%), Comedy Central (-5.5%), BET (-13.0%), and TVLand (-18.1%).

[youtube] then remove everything from the http: up to the = sign [ /youtube] (remove the space between the [ & /

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts