DirecTV/Exede Bundle

gdstout

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2013
Tennessee
I have a friend that is about to sign up a bundle with DirecTV and Exede. He can currently get DSL. I have tried to discourage him from signing up with Exede. Am I wrong in doing that?

Depends. If all he uses the internet for is email, facebook, and news sites, AND if Excede is cheaper, then I'd say it might be a good idea.

If he does video or audio streaming on a regular basis, if he games over the internet, or if DSL is cheaper, then I'd say it's a bad idea.

Not enough information, IMHO.

Just mention to your friend,that if they go over the data cap,they will be throttled,and possibly have to pay overage fees.

I did. I thought the rule of thumb was satellite internet only if you couldn't do anything else..

Our phone company does require a landline with DSL. That runs the cost up.

There are a few rare instances where sat internet could beat dsl.Some dsl providers only offer 1.5Mb or lower speeds.

While I can't speak about latency,Exede's website says that it has unlimited data use between 12am & 5am(3am & 8am if you have the Evolution plan). I have AT&T's 6.0 Fast DSL for $46.00 a month bundled with Directv,so I don't need satellite internet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)