DirecTV/Exede Bundle

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gdstout

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2013
Tennessee
I have a friend that is about to sign up a bundle with DirecTV and Exede. He can currently get DSL. I have tried to discourage him from signing up with Exede. Am I wrong in doing that?

Depends. If all he uses the internet for is email, facebook, and news sites, AND if Excede is cheaper, then I'd say it might be a good idea.

If he does video or audio streaming on a regular basis, if he games over the internet, or if DSL is cheaper, then I'd say it's a bad idea.

Not enough information, IMHO.

Just mention to your friend,that if they go over the data cap,they will be throttled,and possibly have to pay overage fees.

I did. I thought the rule of thumb was satellite internet only if you couldn't do anything else..

Our phone company does require a landline with DSL. That runs the cost up.

There are a few rare instances where sat internet could beat dsl.Some dsl providers only offer 1.5Mb or lower speeds.

While I can't speak about latency,Exede's website says that it has unlimited data use between 12am & 5am(3am & 8am if you have the Evolution plan). I have AT&T's 6.0 Fast DSL for $46.00 a month bundled with Directv,so I don't need satellite internet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)