DirecTV: get new customers to pay old customer's unpaid bills.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Just a point that going to make alot of people mad.

DTV policy is basically your responsible for your family that lives in the same residence as you. So you sister law living with you and she racks of a big bill and then you with the same last name call up and order service with the same address and name you still responable for the bill in dtv eyes.

But we just dont freeze addresses . names ssn dobs yes addressses no not by them selves .

Someone told me the same thing. They could not get their Directv turned on after installer showed up and installed all the wiring and everything due to someone at the same address prior having a big bill unless they paid their balance. Installer did not get paid and was not happy about that situation.

Someone told me the same thing. They could not get their Directv turned on after installer showed up and installed all the wiring and everything due to someone at the same address prior having a big bill unless they paid their balance..
Addresses don't pay the bill, Customers do.
You guys getting this info need to get the WHOLE story.

This topic just sounds to me like a desperate attempt to bash D*.

Wow is the Charlie clan getting desperate.:p

I would too though if I was facing the biggest subscriber loss per quarter ever!!:p:p:p

Someone told me the same thing. They could not get their Directv turned on after installer showed up and installed all the wiring and everything due to someone at the same address prior having a big bill unless they paid their balance. Installer did not get paid and was not happy about that situation.

happened to me more than once.

happened to me more than once.

Me too.........the cx son got the installation escalated by insisting persons of other races got faster service.THEN Directv would not activate after I got four boxes running. The father had a prior unpaid account at the same address. The son got loud and belligerent.
While I didn't get paid for the installation the fulfillment company wanted a free return trip to retrieve the boxes.

They now have DISH running on my pole.

Joe

DTV policy is basically your responsible for your family that lives in the same residence as you. So you sister law living with you and she racks of a big bill and then you with the same last name call up and order service with the same address and name you still responable for the bill in dtv eyes.

But we just dont freeze addresses . names ssn dobs yes addressses no not by them selves .

And that system, running in that manner, can apparently easily blacklist a person who has nothing to do with the prior unpaid bills because they can find information that I had a couple of bills going to my father's address in my name at the same time we had DirecTV. I assume that is the method they used to link me to him. I have seen it on credit verification questions online as a previous address of mine. I am responsible for the payments of my family for all of time and no matter where I live as far as the system is concerned. All to prevent fraud? There has to be a better way. I am no longer angry since I have the service and enjoy it now, but it seems very stupid. It reminds me of when tuna fishermen used to catch plenty of dolphins in their nets.

I would too though if I was facing the biggest subscriber loss per quarter ever!!:p:p:p

Yep, another "hit and run" poster.

I like the other guy in this thread, 1234567.
Yea real original.:)
Sorry, no way shape or form, do I believe that a previous customers debt hung around a previous address for a totally new person to pay off.

NO Way!!!:no

Cable,Electric,and Phone companys don't do it. So no way do I believe this in any way.

My tenents have never had any issues getting any services, from previous tenents debits.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Stop BS'ing and lets hear the real story.;)

Sorry, no way shape or form, do I believe that a previous customers debt hung around a previous address for a totally new person to pay off.

Cable,Electric,and Phone companys don't do it. So no way do I believe this in any way.

My tenents have never had any issues getting any services, from previous tenents debits.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

:D:up

Incorrect. The experience I had was real. No matter what you say. It happens.
Claude is a retailer. Are you saying he does not know what he's talking about either?

What you believe is immaterial. Only the facts matter.

It sucks that there might be some customers who might get screwed in this process, but there is way too much fraud that goes on with customers running up huge bills and switching providers.

Its gotten so bad lately, I have actually had customers who ordered service from me a year ago, went non-pay disconnect with Dish, got Directv, went non-pay disconnect with them and try to get Dish again. The screwed up part was that I was the one who origionally sold him Dish, and he just happened to get me again on the phone when he tried to come back. I gave him an earfull after I realized he was the same customer who I signed up a year ago, and got charged back....

But the providers have got to draw a line in the sand somewhere, because this type of crap where customers have switched back and fourth between providers due to non-payment costs us all money because the providers have to raise the rates to pay for other customers un-paid programming bills.

You would have to be a retailer to know, but its amazing how many customers order service and go non-pay disconnect, with some not even paying the first bill.

It sucks that there might be some customers who might get screwed in this process, but there is way too much fraud that goes on with customers running up huge bills and switching providers.

Its gotten so bad lately, I have actually had customers who ordered service from me a year ago, went non-pay disconnect with Dish, got Directv, went non-pay disconnect with them and try to get Dish again. The screwed up part was that I was the one who origionally sold him Dish, and he just happened to get me again on the phone when he tried to come back. I gave him an earfull after I realized he was the same customer who I signed up a year ago, and got charged back....

But the providers have got to draw a line in the sand somewhere, because this type of crap where customers have switched back and fourth between providers due to non-payment costs us all money because the providers have to raise the rates to pay for other customers un-paid programming bills.

You would have to be a retailer to know, but its amazing how many customers order service and go non-pay disconnect, with some not even paying the first bill.

As you remember before they moved me to our hardware department as sup I was a billing sup saw alot of customer go there first 3 months with out paying get turned off and yell at one of my agents who tell them politely they need to pay there bill they then ask for the sup I step in and tell them they need to pay there bill, I be nice and tell them I get therem turn back on the past due, now 90% of these people who due pay the past due which is only about 50% of the time well they will pay the Past due and then I watch there account and by month 6 they are with out services and by month 7 we are sending boxes out to get our equipment.
I dont know what kind of terms you have with dish or dtv on these matters like how long they have to stay a customer to avoid charge back as I dont know to be honest I dont work with dealers generally.

Something BIG to consider before getting DirecTV:

I've done a TON of comparison before I got DirecTV, and the only downfall that I saw was that Dish had better customer service reviews. DirecTV boasts better "customer satisfaction", but only over cable. I decided to get DirecTV for many of the channels and features they had that I loved.

When I waited at home on the installation date, no one showed. I called and they said my installation was put on hold (A call from them would have been nice). But why was it on hold? Because the previous renters did not finish paying their bill! And I'm accountable for that? :confused: According to DirecTV, I am. If I wanted to pay $480 on behalf of the previous renters, I could get my service. Ya. Right.

First, I was upset that no one told me sooner. The installer just didn't show and they waited for me to call. Second, DirecTV has my name, my social, ran a credit check - the whole nine yards, yet WHO I was didn't matter - the HOME was flagged. They couldn't have told me that right off the bat? And once they found out, they couldn't have contacted me? Poor poor poor business.

So, I went with Dish. A comparable plan, not quite as good, but they also worked with me quite well and there is a TON to say for customer service and that blanket of comfort it is if something does happen. I was going to fight it out with DirecTV, but if that's any indication how dealing with them was going to be, then I didn't want them anyway. Just a warning.

How about... You're full of it...

Now just pay up the account in your name, and DirecTV will allow you to open a new account in your wifes name.

Installer story..
Go to home on a retail deal. Dish and cabling in place. Something looked familiar. I had done the install for the previous homeowner about 18 months earlier.
No problem. I get the thing done in a bout 30 mins. Call to activate....BOING!!!!! CSR says Dish can't activate becuase there is a delinquent account on that addresss. I told the CSR we had a valid new account with claim number, etc. She said it did not matter. Dish flagged the address due to the delinbquency and the fact that the previous homeowner had not givena forwarding address.
Address frozen. It was only until I asked the new Homeowner to call the previous and ask them to call Dish to give them their NEW address so my custy could get TV.
90 mins or so later, the new peeps had tv...SO a 30 min install truned inot three hours.
I did not blame Dish for this. To their system and rightly so, this was an attempt at fraud. I got it fixed.
Point is, addresses are indeed frozen for certain things.

Year, but that's Dish. This thread is about DirecTV.

Last edited:
What you believe is immaterial. Only the facts matter.
Fact is service addresses don't pay bills, Customers with account numbers do, and Not ONE Customer has the same account number.

So what now, Maybe just maybe on a extremely Rare occurrence, someone may have the exact same name moving into the exact same address, But the odds of that are like playing the lotto, And your SSN number would clear that right up.

So yes No way do I believe this happened. Pay your bills and stop trying to defraud the company by switching names on your delinquent account while living at the same address in hopes your debit will just disappear.;);)
Yea Busted!!:p:p

How about... You're full of it...

Now just pay up the account in your name, and DirecTV will allow you to open a new account in your wifes name.

Year, but that's Dish. This thread is about DirecTV.

ok..Good point.. Here's an example, slightly off topic but none the less and indication that D* does indeed use addresses as one of the criteria.
I installed a system in a two year old home in a newer subdivision.
Call to activate and the address is not yet in the database D* uses to determine valid adresses. Custy did not get their tv that day.
However, the deal was the customer had to send via fax I believe, proof in the form of a utility bill or some such, in order to have their equipment activated.

Last edited:
Fact is service addresses don't pay bills, Customers with account numbers do, and Not ONE Customer has the same account number.

So what now, Maybe just maybe on a extremely Rare occurrence, someone may have the exact same name moving into the exact same address, But the odds of that are like playing the lotto, And your SSN number would clear that right up.

So yes No way do I believe this happened. Pay your bills and stop trying to defraud the company by switching names on your delinquent account while living at the same address in hopes your debit will just disappear.;);)
Yea Busted!!:p:p
Ok..Whatever you say. You're wrong, but you can believe what you wish if it makes you feel better.
Careful. You're sliding over into making this personal. That I will not tolerate.
Keep it civil.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts