DirecTV HD and Sunday Ticket - What do you get?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
As posted earlier Fox does 6 games in HD, CBS does 3. Being an Arizona fan hurts though because last year when Fox had more then 6 games on a Sunday, typically Arizona was the odd team out *not* in HD because their ratings are so low (unless they were playing Dallas or the Giants or something). So that could be an issue on the non-bye weeks when Fox has 7 or 8 games. 2 of them won't be in HD.

However with the Cardnals getting Edge and things looking up they may get in HD more often, especially if they start doing well and putting on a show.

chewy said:
Da Raaaaiiiders in HD!!!!!!

can't wait....
A Black & White TV is all you need to watch that team (OK, black and silver). :D

This is a transition year, with all of the NFL coverage changes taking place - MNF on ESPN, SNF on NBC, etc. It will be interesting to see what all this change has to the ratings and viewing habits in general. It may also have an impact on Sunday Ticket in the future, depending on ratings.

With ESPN HD, ESPN 2 HD, NBC HD, FOX HD, and NFL Ticket - I'm covered. Not everyone will be so lucky.

I thought I read somewhere that the blackout rules had changed this year? They were no longer going to blackout the game on the ST channels if it was showing on the local channel. Is this not really the case?

I'm not a ST sub (yet),but,I was looking at the ST schedule on D*s website,and they have a disclaimer listed at the bottom of some of the schedule pages in regards to the 8PM ET NBC games.The way I read that,it looks like D* will lose one of their games on the ST schedule in the event that NBC decides to televise one of those games.I have a few friends that are ST subs,but,none of them have HD yet.We have 2 H20s and the AT9 dish.I'm debating the idea of doing the ST package this year,but,I'm curious about how many games D* televises in HD.Does anyone have any idea how many HD games D* will televise via HD?

steve615 said:
I'm not a ST sub (yet),but,I was looking at the ST schedule on D*s website,and they have a disclaimer listed at the bottom of some of the schedule pages in regards to the 8PM ET NBC games.The way I read that,it looks like D* will lose one of their games on the ST schedule in the event that NBC decides to televise one of those games.I have a few friends that are ST subs,but,none of them have HD yet.We have 2 H20s and the AT9 dish.I'm debating the idea of doing the ST package this year,but,I'm curious about how many games D* televises in HD.Does anyone have any idea how many HD games D* will televise via HD?

There was talk that all the CBS games were going to be in HD this upcoming year, but I have yet to see any confirmation of this yet.

The NBC flex shedule will only be effective for the last part of the schedule like games 12-16 or there about.
IF NBC takes a game off of the ST, the game that was already scheduled for the NBC game will be then placed in the ST.
You will not be loosing a ST game this way.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
There was talk that all the CBS games were going to be in HD this upcoming year, but I have yet to see any confirmation of this yet.

The NBC flex shedule will only be effective for the last part of the schedule like games 12-16 or there about.
IF NBC takes a game off of the ST, the game that was already scheduled for the NBC game will be then placed in the ST.
You will not be loosing a ST game this way.

Jimbo
Thanks for the info Jimbo. :up That clears up my question about the deal going on with D*s and NBCs scheduling for me.Hopefully,CBS will go all HD with their games,that would be a nice sight to see too. :) Due to our location (alot of hills and trees and distance from the transmitting towers),the Nashville CBS affiliate (WTVF) can't be picked up OTA,but,we get all 4 network locals via HD with our equipment,so that's not an issue if CBS goes HD with their NFL games this season. :)

cablewithaview said:
don't waste your money, broker and StarChoice would be a lot cheaper.

Star Choice, is that available in the US ?

Can you use it for the ST only ? Or is a package nessasary thru out the year.

What type of HD channels are they broadcasting ?

NFL in HD ?

never call StarChoice, find a broker and let them set up an address and account for you. all account dealings will go through them.
available yes, package I think is needed to sub.
no HD but basically the same as here in SD.
It is very interesting to have the service and makes the others seem well, you would have to judge for yourself.

vwman18 said:
I thought I read somewhere that the blackout rules had changed this year? They were no longer going to blackout the game on the ST channels if it was showing on the local channel. Is this not really the case?

Dr. Z at SI talked about it last year. I haven't seen anything since than. His source was someone within the NFL after he complained about being blackedout of a game.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)