DirecTV HD Channel Lineup

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Actually, they're not.

Sorry but Family guy is drawn in widescreen format and can be put in true hd very easy. I know that for 100%. Be ready for that on T.B.S HD. They actually just bought out the rights for the latest season also. They used to only have the first season. Not sure about Futurama but I would think that it would be widescreen too. Everything is filmed in widescreen though even shows from the late 80s to eary 90s. There are no 4:3 square cameras in Hollywood.

Here is another one, will the channels go live as of 12am on the 19th or will they wait till 6am when most channels start the new day. at least that the way it is here in OKC.

Also just to beat a dead horse. Just because a network broadcasts in hd doesnt mean all the shows on that network will be shown in hd. If you look at the programing guide, you should notice there is certain shows broadcast in hd others are not. example one of my favorite shows is scrubs that has never been upscaled to hd, but the office has always in in hd. I have never seen the family guy or american dad in hd.

We got a few years before everything is in HD. The fact that you have the option when the programs are in HD is the good part. When you don't even have the option,then it stinks.

Last edited:
i don't believe that any of fox's cartoon shows are in hd. i also recall reading somewhere they won't be anytime soon.

Family Guy will be in HD come this fall according to what I read... Which means it should be in HD this fall on Xbox Live Marketplace too.

And this is why I was curious why cartoon network would go hd. I still dont understand how that's going to work. You can upscale anything and call it hd. I think fred flintstone won't look any different when the cartoon network goes "hd" then he does now. I could be wrong. The discovery channel hd theater has set the standard in hd tv. It's shot by hd cameras and you can tell the difference between real hd and upscaling. When all hd channels look as good has discovery hd then I will be impressed.

And this is why I was curious why cartoon network would go hd. I still dont understand how that's going to work. You can upscale anything and call it hd. I think fred flintstone won't look any different when the cartoon network goes "hd" then he does now. I could be wrong. .
I would agree with that ! AnimaniaHD On E* is a good example that cartoons in HD aren't much Different.

Curb Your Enthusiasm

I wish Curb Your Enthusiasm was in HD. Can't belive Larry David is content with it not being in HD.

I haven't seen this posted however, Zap2it.com has these channels live tomorrow (including current=*):

*206 ESPNHD
*209 ESPN2HD
*245 TNTHD
265 AETVHD
269 HSTRYHD
276 NGCHD
332 MTVHD
*509 HBOHD
512 MAXHD
514 MAXHDP
518 STARZK(HD)
519 STARZC(HD)
520 STARZ(HD)
537 SHOW(HD)
520 SHOWHDP
*543 SHOWHD
605 OUTHD2
623 NESN(HD)
625 MASN(HD)
629 CSNDCHD

That's all I could find..

I haven't seen this posted however, Zap2it.com has these channels live tomorrow (including current=*):

*206 ESPNHD
*209 ESPN2HD
*245 TNTHD
265 AETVHD
269 HSTRYHD
276 NGCHD
332 MTVHD
*509 HBOHD
512 MAXHD
514 MAXHDP
518 STARZK(HD)
519 STARZC(HD)
520 STARZ(HD)
537 SHOW(HD)
520 SHOWHDP
*543 SHOWHD
605 OUTHD2
623 NESN(HD)
625 MASN(HD)
629 CSNDCHD

I hope it's more than just this....

*206 ESPNHD
*209 ESPN2HD
*245 TNTHD
265 AETVHD
269 HSTRYHD
276 NGCHD
332 MTVHD
*509 HBOHD
512 MAXHD
514 MAXHDP
518 STARZK(HD)
519 STARZC(HD)
520 STARZ(HD)
537 SHOW(HD)
520 SHOWHDP
*543 SHOWHD
605 OUTHD2
623 NESN(HD)
625 MASN(HD)
629 CSNDCHD

MASN, which is actually 626 doesn't even broadcast in HD as far as I know...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)