DirecTv HD Setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ff1520

Original poster
Nov 21, 2004
I am currently a D* subscriber but don't have any HD recievers. I'm looking to upgrade to HD. I currently have two dishes on the house, had to add 1 for local network feed. If I upgrade to HD equipment will I still need two dishes? Will the ones I have work or do I need new dishes? Are the bigger? smaller? Will the fit on the existing mounts? And lastly is the HD install something I can do on my own?

I am currently a D* subscriber but don't have any HD recievers. I'm looking to upgrade to HD. I currently have two dishes on the house, had to add 1 for local network feed. If I upgrade to HD equipment will I still need two dishes? Will the ones I have work or do I need new dishes? Are the bigger? smaller? Will the fit on the existing mounts? And lastly is the HD install something I can do on my own?
The new dish is bigger, however its not HUGE, generally speaking you will need to mount it in different holes. It should be the only one you need.

You "could" do it yourself if you comfortable with it, however i would let them handle it since its free

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)