DIRECTV Hits Historic Milestone: 30 Million Customers

Status
Please reply by conversation.
says the person using a 32" TV and can see those precious "masters" about 6 days a year :rolleyes:

And yes I have seen both and in some cases there may be a smidge of a difference...but in most cases folks can't see the difference..and this comes from a sports feed versus the Directv channel (or in some cases Shaw Direct)

says the person using a 32" TV and can see those precious "masters" about 6 days a year :rolleyes:

And yes I have seen both and in some cases there may be a smidge of a difference...but in most cases folks can't see the difference..and this comes from a sports feed versus the Directv channel (or in some cases Shaw Direct)

You are right Ice that the majority of people cannot see a difference. But there is still a difference. When your eyes get tuned to what to look for you can pick out the deficiencies. I can do that because I have looked at broadcast masters for 24 plus years. 99.9% here cannot say that.

Thats your opinion and your entitled to it. Once again you are assuming.

Maybe this will educate you on the difference:

HD Lite The Big Lie...

Soooo yeah.. Tell me again.. Where exactly can one find HD on C band? Oh yeah that's right. THERE IS NO HD ON C BAND!

And I can take a screenshot and run it through Photoshop and soften it too. But even what they are calling the 'master' is pretty damned unimpressive. They really couldn't have found something other than an upconverted Nick show to grab a pic from? How about Avatar or something? Oh wait, I forgot. That's on HBO right now and YOU CAN'T GET HBO ON C BAND.. Even if you could IT WOULDN'T BE IN HD!

Soooo yeah.. Tell me again.. Where exactly can one find HD on C band? Oh yeah that's right. THERE IS NO HD ON C BAND!

actually Matt there is some HD on C-Band....a smattering of oddball channels. You wont find like A&E HD, History HD, ESPN HD etc...You can find NASA HD, QVC HD, HSN HD, and a couple more. Once in a blue while you may get an hour or two glimpse of a "decent" HD channel. The HD feeds I like are mainly sports (and thats because the ESPN ones dont have that stupid bottom line ticker) :)

But there is still a difference.
a very small one if that in most cases. Thats like telling the cop you were only going 78 in a 55 instead of 80

When your eyes get tuned to what to look for you can pick out the deficiencies.
um, sure.Whatever you say. Again you're using a 32" TV to compare....

I can do that because I have looked at broadcast masters for 24 plus years. 99.9% here cannot say that.
:rolleyes: I seriously have no comment to that. You remind me of the goofball I work with who thinks that because he has been there 3 months and I've only been there 4 weeks he's "better" than me...even though I have 6 more years supervisory experience.

actually Matt there is some HD on C-Band....a smattering of oddball channels. You wont find like A&E HD, History HD, ESPN HD etc...You can find NASA HD, QVC HD, HSN HD, and a couple more. Once in a blue while you may get an hour or two glimpse of a "decent" HD channel. The HD feeds I like are mainly sports (and thats because the ESPN ones dont have that stupid bottom line ticker) :)

Oh happy day! Just what I would want for a huge equipment investment and similar monthly fee! :D :D

a very small one if that in most cases. Thats like telling the cop you were only going 78 in a 55 instead of 80

Actually that could be a fairly big difference.. 25+ over is a bigger ticket and more points than 15-24 over.. 25+ over is also usually the threshold for the cop to tack on reckless driving.. So that was a pretty bad analogy. :D

and where has it gotten? Nowhere
Its like talking religion or politics. You can argue all you want but nobody can change someone else's views. Its that simple.

We know you hate Directv....you didnt do your research when you got it even though there is a ton of it here and now you're mad. You complained to Directv and got Family for $20 a month...the same price as the buy out. Yet you continue to complain about it. If you dont like it, turn it off. Or again I opened my yapper a few weeks ago and said send me the box and I'll pay the $20 a month for the next 9-10 months of the contract...I'd like another markets locals anyways ;)

Tell you what, get a big dish and a few proper receivers and educate yourself. Once you do that you can continue the conversation, Let me know when your system is up and running and I'll tell you privately what to look for. :)

Actually that could be a fairly big difference.. 25+ over is a bigger ticket and more points than 15-24 over.. 25+ over is also usually the threshold for the cop to tack on reckless driving.. So that was a pretty bad analogy. :D

but you get my point.....and I've been up since 2:30AM because I work at 3:30...so cut me some slack ;)

wait a minute....you whine about a 200 buyout contract yet you tell someone to get a C-Band dish and receivers to "educate themselves"

Gonna cost more than $200 to do that ;)

Tell you what, get a big dish and a few proper receivers and educate yourself. Once you do that you can continue the conversation, Let me know when your system is up and running and I'll tell you privately what to look for. :)

Tell you what, why don't you buy them and send them to me, and then you can tell me where the good stuff is. If I like what I see and it really is as huge a difference as you're crowing about, then I'll make a public apology and pay you for the equipment. If not, it'll be on my front lawn and you can come pick it up. How bout that? I'm not about to invest that kind of money into a system that gives me HSN HD and not a whole hell of a lot else according to someone else who has it and is also calling you full of crap..

and where has it gotten? Nowhere
Its like talking religion or politics. You can argue all you want but nobody can change someone else's views. Its that simple.

We know you hate Directv....you didnt do your research when you got it even though there is a ton of it here and now you're mad. You complained to Directv and got Family for $20 a month...the same price as the buy out. Yet you continue to complain about it. If you dont like it, turn it off. Or again I opened my yapper a few weeks ago and said send me the box and I'll pay the $20 a month for the next 9-10 months of the contract...I'd like another markets locals anyways ;)

I guess that Direct tv vs the big dish is just one of those forbidden area's like religion & politics for the ones here. Oh well I tried to educate and if you don't listen you don't listen..

My family pk is only 20 for 6 months then its full price. Your also out of my Spotbeam Ice for my locals and the PQ looks... (well I won't go there).

In another few days I will be busy messing with my Coolsat 8100 and will be enjoying all it can give. Plus I have work to do with MM that needs to get done, there won't be time for Direct much anyway.

for fun I just pulled up the lists that I know of. On KU (30" dish) there is PBS HD and now Pentagon HD

C-band has the following
TBN HD
QVC HD
Sprout HD
EWTN HD
Jewelry HD
Sportstime Ohio
NBC HD
Telemundo HD
Ion HD
Pixl
Escapes
ABC HD
Reelz
BYU TV
Nebraska PBS
NASA
Weathernation

and some network feeds (for the affiliates)
right here is the list

Yes there are feeds but mainly are sports feeds (come and go). Also note most of these you need a special receiver that costs $100 or more.

Tell you what, why don't you buy them and send them to me, and then you can tell me where the good stuff is. If I like what I see and it really is as huge a difference as you're crowing about, then I'll make a public apology and pay you for the equipment. If not, it'll be on my front lawn and you can come pick it up. How bout that? I'm not about to invest that kind of money into a system that gives me HSN HD and not a whole hell of a lot else according to someone else who has it and is also calling you full of crap..

I'm not DirecTv. I don't give free installs and lock you into 2 year contracts with early termination fee's. Go back to enjoying what to you is the greatest thing since the napkin.:D

for fun I just pulled up the lists that I know of. On KU (30" dish) there is PBS HD and now Pentagon HD

C-band has the following
TBN HD
QVC HD
Sprout HD
EWTN HD
Jewelry HD
Sportstime Ohio
NBC HD
Telemundo HD
Ion HD
Pixl
Escapes
ABC HD
Reelz
BYU TV
Nebraska PBS
NASA
Weathernation

and some network feeds (for the affiliates)
right here is the list

Yes there are feeds but mainly are sports feeds (come and go). Also note most of these you need a special receiver that costs $100 or more.

There are others some that can't be posted in open area's :)

My family pk is only 20 for 6 months then its full price. Your also out of my Spotbeam Ice for my locals and the PQ looks... (well I won't go there).
I didnt say your locals. I said "moved" locals. Big diff

In another few days I will be busy messing with my Coolsat 8100 and will be enjoying all it can give. Plus I have work to do with MM that needs to get done, there won't be time for Direct much anyway.

oh darn. Then what will we do when you dont post negative comments about Directv constantly :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts