DirecTV hits mark....now at 74 HD Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I definitely prefer D*. However, I don't really care about the numbers. I like when I go to the guide and select HD Channels, I can scroll several times to choose something.

Umm. I'll bite.

Check the DirecTV homepage

Arent they at over at 70??

I mean if you don't want to pay for them it doesn't mean D* is lying about it.

Local Networks, arent they National? You are getting the same thing that other people are getting, except for the fact that it carries the title of local (weather, local news, sports).

PPV, they are there and they are national. If you don't want to pay for them doesn't take the fact that some can enjoy them if the want.

Where did D* come out and comment on the "We have 70 HD channels now "
I doubt that D* has said ANYTHING about this, I think it's the people in the forums that are driving this debate, not D*.

Link please ...

Jimbo

Yea you're right,,, what DirecTv's front page says is
Now get over 70 of the best national channels in HD, with up to 100 coming by the end of the year

OVER 70 channels sounds about right to me. :D

Robin

Does anyone know if the HD Extra pack will be included in the premier package? I can't find anything on D*.com about it. I can't imagine D* will charge the Premier subscribers 5$/mo...

Does anyone know if the HD Extra pack will be included in the premier package? I can't find anything on D*.com about it. I can't imagine D* will charge the Premier subscribers 5$/mo...
sorry to bust your bubble but the HD extra pack is a additional $5 and you need to have HD access $10 also. Not included in Premier.

sorry to bust your bubble but the HD extra pack is a additional $5 and you need to have HD access $10 also. Not included in Premier.

Their site has an error. I have the HD PLUS pack now and tried to add the extra plan but it asks me to add the HD plan which I already have. Im going to wait till the cutoff gets closer.

Dish and Cable won't be sitting back and doing nothing.........................All providers will have most, if not all HD as it comes to life.

I'm pretty sure at some point Dish will deploy more sats and HD because they compete directly with DIRECTV, but the TWC HD lineup in my area is pathetic. Only two broadcast HD channels, NBC and PBS, and both are readily available to me OTA. The rest are:
Mojo
DiscHD Theater
TNT-HD
ESPN-HD
ESPN2-HD
MHD
HDNet
HDNet Movies
SNY-HD
YES-HD
Premiums:
HBO-HD
Showtime-HD

Of those, the only one I don't have access to through DIRECTV is Mojo and, as was stated earlier in the thread, that's cable-only so it doesn't count. I have waivers for FOX and CBS in HD so, with all the HD already added by DIRECTV, I see no reason to go back to TWC.

Maybe a little off topic but just saw a very deceptive ad for Dish HD on the travel channel.

Starts off talking about Dish HD and shows red Dish race car, slips in about Americas top 100 for $29.95 and finishes talking about HD.

Makes it sound like 100 HD channels for $29.95 a month.

Matt

Maybe a little off topic but just saw a very deceptive ad for Dish HD on the travel channel.

Starts off talking about Dish HD and shows red Dish race car, slips in about Americas top 100 for $29.95 and finishes talking about HD.

Makes it sound like 100 HD channels for $29.95 a month.

Matt

Well, DirecTV's kind of doing the same thing, isn't it? The ads with the $29.95 price riding on the new dish that brings 70 HD channels...

Well, DirecTV's kind of doing the same thing, isn't it? The ads with the $29.95 price riding on the new dish that brings 70 HD channels...

Your are correct just watched that Directv ad, guess that makes them equal on the $29.95 Bait part but the Dish ad made it sound like they have 100 HD channels right now.

Just wish they "any company" wouldn't resort to deceptive ads or bait and switch to get customers.

Just had it out with sprint over a three year contract they said I signed.:eek:

Never signed one and If I had signed a three year contract I would have remembered it !

Matt

Last edited:
Your are correct just watched that Directv ad, guess that makes them equal on the $29.95 Bait part but the Dish ad made it sound like they have 100 HD channels right now.

Just wish they "any company" wouldn't resort to deceptive ads or bait and switch to get customers.

Just had it out with sprint over a three year contract they said I signed.:eek:

Never signed one and If I had signed a three year contract I would have remembered it !

Matt

And the D* ads are showing logos for channels that aren't live yet... so I guess they're both equally guilty on this front.

Of course, I've said before, I have a real problem with all of this numbers stuff anyway, but advertising for things you don't actually have without specifically stating that crosses the line IMO.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)