DirecTV hits mark....now at 74 HD Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I love the add that lists some of the Dish HD channels...Animania, Monsers, Family Room? I maybe missing something, but I've never heard of these channels.
D* HD is mint!

Dish and Cable won't be sitting back and doing nothing.........................All providers will have most, if not all HD as it comes to life.

Dish and Cable won't be sitting back and doing nothing.........................All providers will have most, if not all HD as it comes to life.

Can't disagree with your point - but in what timeframe? 6 months? 1 year? Sooner? That is more key than the fact that they all will catch up ... eventually.

47 - national channels
9 - regional sports channels
8 - distant network signal channels
8 - pay-per-view channels
__
72 total hd channels

now who said they wouldnt hit 70 by oct 31....where r u guys now :D

total now 74 with adds of two more RSNs today 10/17/07

In my opinion, this will put D* in a position to be ahead of everyone in the foreseeable future. Today we are in the lead, By year end we will have a substantial lead. After D11 is functional, the lead will be huge and the ability to handle up to 200 HD or more will swamp any competition. It will clearly outperform any available HD content. With this in mind, all anyone else can do would be to hope to reach an equal level of capacity. By the time this happens there will be 2 potentail key differentiators, Price, and Exclusives. This is just the way I see it and welcome further discussion.

In my opinion, this will put D* in a position to be ahead of everyone in the foreseeable future. Today we are in the lead, By year end we will have a substantial lead. After D11 is functional, the lead will be huge and the ability to handle up to 200 HD or more will swamp any competition. It will clearly outperform any available HD content. With this in mind, all anyone else can do would be to hope to reach an equal level of capacity. By the time this happens there will be 2 potentail key differentiators, Price, and Exclusives. This is just the way I see it and welcome further discussion.

I agree with what you say - well put.

I welcome the other 2 providers to hurry up and catch up with their HD content. It's only when the big 3 providers are all on the same page will we as customers truely benefit from your stated differentiators.(is that a word?) :D

Robin

I welcome the other 2 providers to hurry up and catch up with their HD content. It's only when the big 3 providers are all on the same page will we as customers truely benefit from your stated differentiators.(is that a word?) :D

Robin

+1

I can say though, that with what is on D* now, I for once am completely happy with a provider. Now the Networks are making me unhappy with their lack of hd programming :)

Scobuck - I kept waiting for a picture to load in your post before finally realzing it was blank space. I'm a little slow today...

Family room has real good family friendly movies with no commercial interruptions. Don't knock it if you haven't tried it. :)

And a large number of Flipper replays, not the movie, the show from the 60s or 70s.

I've tried it, I'll take what D* is doing over Voom anyday.

Competion is good. I do not care what they count because as long as there is a race we are the ones who win. It does not matter to me which system has more just keep the race going. As for me sports are king so I have been and will stay with D*.

:hungry:

More HD please.

This bugs me.... I didn't count HD PPV's for E* and I'm not going to count them for D*. I also don't consider the distants to be actual channels either - if you want to count four total (one for each network) on the assumption that nearly everyone can either get their locals or the distants, I might consider that.... but counting all 8 is ridiculous.

I'm sorry that D* gave in to the marketing pressure and felt the need to fabricate this just to get to the 70 number they've been talking about. I was thinking they were filling in the gap with more RSN's (which others will argue about but I consider more "real" channels than PPV...).

Where did D* come out and comment on the "We have 70 HD channels now "
I doubt that D* has said ANYTHING about this, I think it's the people in the forums that are driving this debate, not D*.

Link please ...

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)