Directv is a bunch of liars

Status
Please reply by conversation.
it depends some agents use the last 4 as a verification tool if the account does not pull up right away.

They have NEVER asked me for it, they ask my name. All this time if "some agents use the last 4 as a verification tool" someone would of asked me by now.

Even if I don't use my phone to call them all they ask for is my phone number and name.

Note to OP - Good english and some rational logic and structure will serve you much better than an unbridled stream of consciousness ;)

I only took one pass at your post and will not attempt another, but I think I get your frustration. While I absolutely love the technology, programming and even the value with my DirecTV install so far; I will be the first to admit that both Direct and Dish are FAR FAR FAR from the most honest of companies.

That said I do not think that either vendor outright lies but I do think they routinely "sell" you. Additionally, dealing with both vendors seems to have a very hit or miss probability in terms of talking with someone who has a clue. You tend to get a lot of chuckleheads who are reading from a script and literally know FAR LESS than the average customer who reads this site. 1 hour of internet research puts you well ahead of 75% of either companies customer service staff.

My point here is that if you have the patience and research, the END result experience can be good but only if you are willing to deal with some pitfalls along the way. I would also add that DTV, Dish, Comcast. ATT, VZ, TWC et al are all notoriously bad at the "customer experience"... on par with most cell companies.

Compare this to other companies like Epson or American Express and it is very easy to see how bad it is... to quote Chuck Barkley... Terrabull just Terrabull!

Last edited:
They have NEVER asked me for it, they ask my name. All this time if "some agents use the last 4 as a verification tool" someone would of asked me by now.

Even if I don't use my phone to call them all they ask for is my phone number and name.

Right ... It is up to the agent if they feel you are not who say they are they will ask verify last 4 of ssn or or any other series of 10 or so different qualifiers we have.

I personally never use I usually go with something easier to find as surprisingly on our older accoutns we dont even have the ssn listed. I usually ask how di you last pay if I was concerned about it not being who they say it was. But every agent has there own preference.

Right ... It is up to the agent if they feel you are not who say they are they will ask verify last 4 of ssn or or any other series of 10 or so different qualifiers we have.

I personally never use I usually go with something easier to find as surprisingly on our older accoutns we dont even have the ssn listed. I usually ask how di you last pay if I was concerned about it not being who they say it was. But every agent has there own preference.

I don't remember ever giving D* my SSN.

Sorry for you bad experience. I hope you get better luck, as time goes by. I have been customers of both, and think D* have better customer service than E*.

dont buy the wireless kit. If you going to keep the service call us up asap before the two week mark and tell them they were suppose to install the internet connnection kit (25 dollars) as only one internet connection kit works with whd and that is the deca broadband adapter pluggging in the wireless one would break whole home dvr.

Is the wireless internet kit required for WHD as it is not working. The HD receiver shows that it doesn't see the DVR. I checked and the HD DVR is set up to share.

hi new to this forum just joined directv and i feel they are liars and bunch of thieves first i asked for whole home dvr service and hd so they send me a standard receiver and wrong programming. so i have to cancel then i have to redo everything including new install date cause they wanted to charge me 199 for hd receiver i asked for in the first place . so i decide to give it a second shot i ask if i can get hd for life they say yes if i sign up for auto pay , this is when i asked the rep if i could do that later i was told yes so i decide to wait , i go online see my first bill is 64.19 that is-insane for choice extra so i ask if i can get hd free by signing up for auto pay and im told its not part of my package , i explain to the rep what i was TOLD and she says there is not notes on that and she could do nothing, i regret leaving dish cause i paid less for more channels and i was never lied to im sorry for long post but i just feel that is to much money especially if that is with the 29 dollar discount.direct tv is full of liars telling customers anything just to sign them up.

I feel the same way! They lied to me also 2 or 3 times

If you have a the wireless kit plugged in and you have whd setup the wireless will block whole home from working.

I'm so confused now!

OKay, so I called DTV back today and talked with them about the wireless kit. They are sending out an installer Wednesday to install the kit at no charge for both the kit and install. I told the guy that he just saved me from canceling all together. Finally, something positive! I'm sure I will have more good stuff to say about it all once I get the kinks worked out and more familiar with all that it has to offer.

I must say that the picture quality on non HD tv's are much better than I got on my Charter cable.

Things left to get resolved when I find time to tinker around with it.

Some remote issues

Whole House DVR to work

Caller ID doesn't work even though turned on. Could be due to having Charter phone.

Proper picture settings on all tv's.

I guess part of the fun is all the fine tuning. Can't wait for the NFL season to start!!

If you have a the wireless kit plugged in and you have whd setup the wireless will block whole home from working.

I think I understand this now. The person I talked to today said it was the $25 internet kit so this should be okay. I assume the installer will makes sure when he hooks it up because I will be asking him about the whd and a few other small things.

Thanks for your help!

I'm so confused now!

OKay, so I called DTV back today and talked with them about the wireless kit. They are sending out an installer Wednesday to install the kit at no charge for both the kit and install. I told the guy that he just saved me from canceling all together. Finally, something positive! I'm sure I will have more good stuff to say about it all once I get the kinks worked out and more familiar with all that it has to offer.​

I guess part of the fun is all the fine tuning. Can't wait for the NFL season to start!!​

Maybe this will give you an idea of what the installer s/b doing: http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...internet-up-hr24-mrv-enabled.html#post2233489

The coax s/b dropped from splitter to near your wired network. I would suggest that you add a good ETHERNET switch in front of router. I say this because there are still complaints about not being able to view the updated UPL with some routers or ISP being at fault. The ETHERNET switch will help to keep UPL reliable, separate local traffic from Internet traffic and make your router more efficient for Internet traffic.

wow because he didn't get MVR in all room or internet kit because of lack of information between him and a agent a technician is going to eat the cost of his free service call through no fault of the technician and get a bad mark on his report card that could cost him his job and this is fair? WTF

wow because he didn't get MVR in all room or internet kit because of lack of information between him and a agent a technician is going to eat the cost of his free service call through no fault of the technician and get a bad mark on his report card that could cost him his job and this is fair? WTF

I believe there's a difference between Directv extending a customer a credit and penalizing a tech for the install. Are you saying they're both one and the same?

Personally, I've never tried to isolate an issue to a tech. I remember when I was with E*, the techs would ask me to call them first if an issue arose within a certain period but I'm not aware of similar circumstances with Directv.

I think that's going a little overboard.

Maybe this will give you an idea of what the installer s/b doing: http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...internet-up-hr24-mrv-enabled.html#post2233489

The coax s/b dropped from splitter to near your wired network. I would suggest that you add a good ETHERNET switch in front of router. I say this because there are still complaints about not being able to view the updated UPL with some routers or ISP being at fault. The ETHERNET switch will help to keep UPL reliable, separate local traffic from Internet traffic and make your router more efficient for Internet traffic.

Thanks for the link armchair.

I have a device attached to my HD receiver that doesn't have a power cord hooked up to it. The lights on the device are not lit and probably a reason I can not view the dvr from this tv.

Here is a pcture of my device.

DSC04637.jpg

Thanks for the link armchair.

I have a device attached to my HD receiver that doesn't have a power cord hooked up to it. The lights on the device are not lit and probably a reason I can not view the dvr from this tv.

Here is a pcture of my device.

Which receiver model is that? looks like a Hx-24 to me - if so, the deca is blocking it as the 24's have the deca built-in......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts