cbearnm

Wandering the Rio Grande
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 2, 2004
Northern New Mexico
http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/041108/86223_1.html

Monday November 8, 6:27 pm ET

DIRECTV Extends and Expands Exclusive NFL SUNDAY TICKET Agreement With NFL Through 2010 Season

DIRECTV Will Develop and Dramatically Expand NFL SUNDAY TICKET Package with Advanced New Interactive Features and Programming Services

My personal highlight (blackouts apply ???)
DIRECTV will have access to, and plans to distribute, every NFL SUNDAY TICKET game produced in high-definition format, in addition to the standard-definition productions.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2004/11/08/sports1731EST0325.DTL

The agreements also include a commitment by CBS and Fox to phase in high-definition coverage for all games and introduce new interactive elements to NFL game telecasts.

DirecTV televises via satellite every Sunday afternoon regular-season game to markets that otherwise would be blacked out of those games.

"Our DirecTV partnership complements and supports our broadcast television packages," Tagliabue said. "This new agreement expands our joint commitment to the ongoing development of innovative ways for fans to enjoy the NFL."

In addition to some interactive services, DirecTV will institute a separate "Red Zone" channel devoted to taking viewers from game to game when a team is inside an opponent's 20-yard line and poised to score.

charper1 said:
Somehow I see this as a license to raise the cost.

D* runs the Sunday Ticket as a break even offer, they make little on the package itself but a ton off the 1-yr Total Choice commits they receive from it. It has gone up in price $30 over the last 7 years for me ... pretty modest.

This is good news for D* this will let all the E* and cable holdouts know they will never get it without a switch. Nice move D*!

So this means that Comcast and their ilk can't get their filthy mitts on NFL ST until at least 2010? Sweet! I'll buy it next year and every year just on principle modest price increase or not. Hell, I got all off-season to save up for it.

All games will be HD next year, that has built in value. The price hike will come for those (like me) that opt for the premium package but in that we get :

In addition to the standard NFL SUNDAY TICKET package, DIRECTV
will offer a premium NFL SUNDAY TICKET package. NFL SUNDAY
TICKET customers who subscribe to the premium package will
have access to new interactive services and viewer-selected
camera angles and replays. Subscribers to the premium NFL
SUNDAY TICKET package will also have access to a new "Red
Zone" channel, which will be devoted to switching from game to
game for all the best live action and replays from any NFL
SUNDAY TICKET game. The premium package will also provide
viewers with the ability to index, search for, and view, plays
of a specific NFL player, team or play-type from games played
that Sunday. This will provide viewers with the power to
create a personalized highlight show of their own fantasy
team.

Life just keeps getting better. I know the "Voomers" were saying that the ST was why most people were staying with D* and not switching. Oh well. Life is good, and so is the NFL-ST. Thanks Rupert M. and Paul T. :yes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts