Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Catch MLB FREE Preview
MLB EXTRA INNINGS® 4/6-4/12 for FREE. Chs. 720-749.

This includes "Opening Day" thru the following Sunday

Jimbo

This was the 1 day I wanted to watch free EI, and my game is blacked out! Wanted to watch the pirates game as its not being televised in our area, so I clicked on the channel its supposed to be on (730), and it said it was blacked out and that there was not another channel it was on.

So we get a free week of EI, why are there games blacked out? Why is the 1 I happen to want to watch blacked out?

This was the 1 day I wanted to watch free EI, and my game is blacked out! Wanted to watch the pirates game as its not being televised in our area, so I clicked on the channel its supposed to be on (730), and it said it was blacked out and that there was not another channel it was on.

So we get a free week of EI, why are there games blacked out? Why is the 1 I happen to want to watch blacked out?

There is a web page, DIRECTV - Sports Blackout Games ZIP Code Lookup you can put your zip in and see what games are blacked out and what channels they'll be on. Did you double check your RSN's and any local OTA stations that might be showing it to see if it's there?

There is a web page, DIRECTV - Sports Blackout Games ZIP Code Lookup you can put your zip in and see what games are blacked out and what channels they'll be on. Did you double check your RSN's and any local OTA stations that might be showing it to see if it's there?

RAD, His RSN should have NOT been blacked out, thats where the EI feeds normally come from.

For it to be blacked out, it had to have been available on a local network, seeing it's the start of the season, that would be my guess.
With the EI feeds being OPEN, none of the feeds shoud be blacked out.

Jimbo

Something is messed up..

I am in Connecticut and cant tune into Dogers @ Astros on 734 (and 734-1)

It tells me me that the Program Not Locally Available (727).

I have checked the website RAD posted and it tells me that I should receive the game with no problem.

I dont see why someone in Connecticut is blacked out from seeing temas from San Diego and LA.

Was it blacked out, or was it just NOT on ?

A quick look at the Broadcast schedule shows that the 7th (today) and 9th are NOT on TV anywhere, but the 8th is.

So is this a case of it not being on anywhere, if so then I can understand it not being on the EI package.

Something is messed up..

I am in Connecticut and cant tune into Dogers @ Astros on 734 (and 734-1)

It tells me me that the Program Not Locally Available (727).

I have checked the website RAD posted and it tells me that I should receive the game with no problem.

I dont see why someone in Connecticut is blacked out from seeing temas from San Diego and LA.

I have the same message as you for that game, here in Ohio, however, it's not game time out there yet .... maybe it will come in at 10PM EST., but I'm not holding my breath.

Jimbo

RAD, His RSN should have NOT been blacked out, thats where the EI feeds normally come from.

For it to be blacked out, it had to have been available on a local network, seeing it's the start of the season, that would be my guess.
With the EI feeds being OPEN, none of the feeds shoud be blacked out.

Jimbo

Jimbo, what is his RSN, I didn't see him post that info. He can also check Local Regional Sports Network Information to see what RSN and teams he's supposed to see.

If both web sites say he should be seeing the game then he should be calling DirecTV and asking them what's up if he's blacked out.

Jimbo, what is his RSN, I didn't see him post that info. He can also check Local Regional Sports Network Information to see what RSN and teams he's supposed to see.

If both web sites say he should be seeing the game then he should be calling DirecTV and asking them what's up if he's blacked out.

Yes, there's no telling where he's at or who his RSN is suppose to be.
Regardless it should be on, if it's on anywhere, which I don't see it being.

As for Scott well see at 10pm EST, but I have a feeling that Scott's right and something is not set up correctly... they blackout bites should be removed and it doesn't look like they are set up correctly from D*'s end for the free preview.

This would be something that D* would have to fix, but the CSR is not one that can do that.

Astro's are currently playing the Cubs, not the Dogers;)

As Jimbo says the game isn't on yet, 10PM EST

According to the Dodger's website, they are playing the Stro's

2009 Broadcast Schedule | dodgers.com: Schedule

Then again, according to the website the Cub's are playing the Stro's too

2009 Broadcast Schedule | cubs.com: Schedule

No wonder the Astro's have such a hard time competing. :D

edit: Cubs and Stro's are 1-1 in the 6th, I gotta believe THIS shcedule !
Dodger's play the Padre's at 10pm.

maybe thats why the EI has the game not available , it's not correct in the data stream. Tribune ?

Cub's / Astro's game IS available on 727, but NOT in HD, also on WGN 307.

Jimbo

Yes, there's no telling where he's at or who his RSN is suppose to be.
Regardless it should be on, if it's on anywhere, which I don't see it being.

As for Scott qwell see at 10pm EST, but I have a feeling that Scott's right and something is not set up correctly... they blackout bites should be removed and it doesn't look like they are set up correctly from D*'s end for the free preview.

This would be something that D* would have to fix, but the CSR is not one that can do that.

The Pirates game on 730 is the St. Louis feed, I don't see a Pirates feed on MLB-EI, so I wonder if a local Pitsburg OTA station that D* doesn't have a 'national' agreement so it's not on MLB-EI which is causing his blackout. IIRC the same thing happens with Cubs/Sox games that WCIU in Chicago carries, those games aren't on MLB-EI, Chicago DMA folks need have to watch the WCIU feed and MLB-EI gets the other teams feed, if available.

The Pirates game on 730 is the St. Louis feed, I don't see a Pirates feed on MLB-EI, so I wonder if a local Pitsburg OTA station that D* doesn't have a 'national' agreement so it's not on MLB-EI which is causing his blackout. IIRC the same thing happens with Cubs/Sox games that WCIU in Chicago carries, those games aren't on MLB-EI, Chicago DMA folks need have to watch the WCIU feed and MLB-EI gets the other teams feed, if available.

Quite possible.

According to this webpage off of Google, tonights Pirates game is not available in Pittsburgh on TV, but is available on XM.

Bucs Trade Winds: Game 2: PITTSBURGH PIRATES at ST. LOUIS CARDINALS

Scott, the STB was using was also blacked out on the Dogers/Padres game, went to the D* web site and did a refresh on services and now get the game on 734 and 734-1.

Wow, this MLB EI is really growing on me! How much to subscribe again?
(From the similar thread in the sports section.)

The renewal rate is $179 (4x$44.75) for customers that had it last year.

The early-bird rate for new subscribers is $189 (4x$47.25) until 4/12.

The non promo rate (full price after 4/12) is $209 (4x$52.25)

So if you want MLB EI, do it before the free preview ends.

I am 100% sure that the game was not on any local channels last night. Yet it was still blacked out.

That is pretty messed up. When doing a free preview, you want to show how great EI is and want people to buy it.
But when people are trying to check in on their teams and getting blacked out, I'd sure be wary of getting that package.
What if I get EI package and these blackout issues persist?

The MLB Mix in HD is unbelievable. But, I just can't get myself to spend the $189 for the season. (Well.. it's really that I can't convince the wife.) Since I'm a Red Sox fan in CT, I already get the RSNs I need. But, I'm also a baseball fan and I love to watch other games. I'm watching Dodgers vs. Padres, and just being able to hear Vin Scully is so awesome.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts