Directv MLB EI Free Preview

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am 100% sure that the game was not on any local channels last night. Yet it was still blacked out.

That is pretty messed up. When doing a free preview, you want to show how great EI is and want people to buy it.
But when people are trying to check in on their teams and getting blacked out, I'd sure be wary of getting that package.
What if I get EI package and these blackout issues persist?
You cannot watch your local team on an out of market broadcast; you can only watch your local market team on their own local broadcast (network, local OTA, or local RSN). When you pay for out of market sports packages you are able to view other broadcast of out of market games (as long as one of the teams is not your local team). This has nothing to do with Direct or their promo; this is solely MLB blackout rules that ALL providers must abide by.

The MLB Mix in HD is unbelievable. But, I just can't get myself to spend the $189 for the season. (Well.. it's really that I can't convince the wife.) Since I'm a Red Sox fan in CT, I already get the RSNs I need. But, I'm also a baseball fan and I love to watch other games. I'm watching Dodgers vs. Padres, and just being able to hear Vin Scully is so awesome.
And there is probably one Vin Scully call that is stuck in your memory???

GAME 6 1986 World Series

I am 100% sure that the game was not on any local channels last night. Yet it was still blacked out.

That is pretty messed up. When doing a free preview, you want to show how great EI is and want people to buy it.
But when people are trying to check in on their teams and getting blacked out, I'd sure be wary of getting that package.
What if I get EI package and these blackout issues persist?

Extra innings is for out-of-market teams. You will never get any additional broadcasts for your local market team. Even if your team ins't broadcasting, it is still blacked out. These are the MLB rules.

And there is probably one Vin Scully call that is stuck in your memory???

GAME 6 1986 World Series

Haha. Yes... every time I hear his voice... all I can think is "IT GET'S THROUGH BUCKNER!!!" But, it seems that Vin was at every game changing moment in the MLB. In fact, Buckner was trying to climb the fence to catch Hank Aaron's 715th HR, and Vin was announcing that game. Hah.

Did extra Innings not sign with channel 4 San diego this year? Last Year I was able to get Padres announcers. Does anyone know about this?

Haha. Yes... every time I hear his voice... all I can think is "IT GET'S THROUGH BUCKNER!!!" But, it seems that Vin was at every game changing moment in the MLB. In fact, Buckner was trying to climb the fence to catch Hank Aaron's 715th HR, and Vin was announcing that game. Hah.
Yep...Just about every single memorable momment in baseball involves Vin, from Gibson's HR, to the Buckner error, to Aaron's 715 HR, ex.

Few have heard Vin's call of Aaron's HR, as the highlights on TV usually involve the Brave announcers.

Did extra Innings not sign with channel 4 San diego this year? Last Year I was able to get Padres announcers. Does anyone know about this?

So far no Padres. The Blue Jays (Rogers Sportsnet) and the Phillies (Comcast Sports Net Philadelphia) are not part of EI, either.

It appears we are getting many less "accessory" feeds than last year.

Haven't seen much outside of the standard RSN feeds that are already on the sats. Anything outside of those hasn't appeared so far.

Just when I mentioned that Rogers Sportnet (Blue Jays) was not on the EI package, it showed up Friday in the Blue Jays game vs. the Indians.

I only see the Sports 3 feed from Cleveland for the Jays vs. Indians on 748.

I asked someone from the Directv sports department about the other feeds and they weren't 100% sure, but thought they were only going to use those feeds when no other feed was available this year. They didn't know if this was a DirecTV decision, MLB decision, or pressure form the RSNs that aren't carried by Directv (to Directv or MLB).

I also asked about WGN HD, was told "maybe D12". Sounds like they're running out of bandwith again and being very conservative.

The Blue Jays feed showed up prior to the rain delay on 749. It did disappear during the delay, not to return.

Just wondering if anyone has been lucky enough to get a discount on the EI package when ordering this year? If so what did you say to persuade them? I'm thinking of calling and using mlb.tv package for $109 as my leverage.

Looks like they meant up to the 12th, not thru the 12th. They all show not subscribed on mine this morning.

OOPs, my bad. They all show nonsubscribed but they are still there.

Last edited:
I was just at my moms and now am confused.
(I dont have D but she does)

I didnt try the 700's but in the 600's (the RSN's) if there was a ballgame on it was in the clear. The rest said "not subscribed" and CSN Chicago said blacked out which is correct as the Chisoix were playing the Twins

Is that how they would do that by opening up the 600's?

I was just at my moms and now am confused.
(I dont have D but she does)

I didnt try the 700's but in the 600's (the RSN's) if there was a ballgame on it was in the clear. The rest said "not subscribed" and CSN Chicago said blacked out which is correct as the Chisoix were playing the Twins

Is that how they would do that by opening up the 600's?
Yes. Through the purchase of EI (or any sports package), they unblock the game on the RSN itself. They mirror the games on the EI channels or other sports package channels in the 700's for the convinience of having all of the same sports games next to each other.

In short, you can watch the games on the RSNs themselves or on the 700's if you choose.

but since they dont sub to EI or the sports pack tomorrow (since the Freeview is done) the only station that they will have is the local RSN (FSN North)

but since they dont sub to EI or the sports pack tomorrow (since the Freeview is done) the only station that they will have is the local RSN (FSN North)
Yes. They will only be able to view their local RSN without paying for the sports package or any other premium sports package.

Too bad the RSN's on the D* system dont disappear if you don't subscribe. It confuses my mom to find FSN North ;)

Hell I went through them today and was confused...lots of Alt channels in there for randomness and like 6 MSG channels (WTH????)

Too bad the RSN's on the D* system dont disappear if you don't subscribe. It confuses my mom to find FSN North ;)

Hell I went through them today and was confused...lots of Alt channels in there for randomness and like 6 MSG channels (WTH????)
You can set her guide to display only the channels she receives (called, "Channels I Get"), or you can set up a favorites list.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)