DIRECTV NOW LAUNCH

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well, I just did a search and see that I received the email on the 5th. It came from a different email address. That's how I missed it. I'll have the Apple TV today. It's out for delivery.

Who is the email from? I signed up day 1 at 8AM and so far nothin.

Uhm...spoke too soon...again. Mine was on the front porch. ;)

I've been watching the bandwidth stream using System X-Ray with Firetv box. First thing I noticed was NOW dipping to 1.8 Mbps all the time. PSVue is much steadier around 5 Mbps. This most likely is the issue during prime-time causing freeze and buffering. Those using Fire TV can turn on and off X-Ray below....
Remote: Press and hold D-Pad Center and D-Pad Down together for 5 seconds, then press the menu button on the remote... Select on. Just reverse to turn off.

Left coaster here too, signed up on Nov 30th, shipped on Dec 6th for arrival on the 12th. Coming from Milan, IL via FedEx.

It will be the second one I'll get since I already got one when I signed up in-store, I guess they got their wires crossed up.

I've been pretty unusable tonight since about 4:30. Setting up my new Apple TV in the meantime but pretty annoyed. I'd be less so if there would be a statement acknowledging the issue and providing some sort of ETA. If they get the freezing fix I'd most likely kill my satellite once the NFL playoffs are over. Don't want to miss NBC games.

Reactions: reddice
Is the service totally down? Just logged into new Apple TV and nothing but black screen.
Might be. Not at home but mobile app using Verizon and att devices gives me the error 30 message.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

If I were home it's not like I could watch it anyway. Lol.

Contractor for a regional cell company apparently dug up and broke a shared fiber line used by them, att, and our local cable company.

Internet and TV (cable) outage for two counties.

When it comes to DirecTV Now though, I am glad this is free for now. I can deal with issues in hopes that they resolve them.

There is absolutely no way that I would pay for it as my primary TV source, or even a backup. Not as it stands today. I don't care how good the deal is. Once my money has to cover it, I'm out if there isn't vast improvement.

I did have the same growing pains with sling. Used it, and when the walking dead premiered on season it was unusable, and was again during another ratings high event. That's why I never cut the cord when it first came out and held on to see what was next.

To me, If it won't work when I need it, then I don't.

Vue has worked every single day for me since it went nationwide.

Now they may have had issues that they fixed when they did the big city roll out, but if that's the case, then maybe the other two should have done the same.

Reactions: reddice and camo
Fiber repair could take days. Happened in Arizona couple years back, took out whole northern half of state for about 3 days.

Fiber repair could take days. Happened in Arizona couple years back, took out whole northern half of state for about 3 days.
That's what I anticipated. Apparently they they had several crews on it. Only off around 12 hours.

I was impressed they fixed it so quickly.

Reactions: camo
Directv Now is back up.
They sent out a tweet, "We appreciate everyone's patience while we get our service back up and running. Hang in there - we'll keep you updated."

Still down here

Got off vue to check when I saw the post.

Rebooting the fire TV to see if that helps.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)